CAR Porsche 911 Black Edition

TheWeasel

911black0.jpg

Available in coupe or cabriolet versions Porsche's new limited run Black Edition doesn't go overboard with a skunk works, but instead keeps it subtle with details like 19 inch bi-colour wheels that give you a view of the car's four-piston black aluminum brake calipers. You'll also find a 3.6 liter, 345 hp engine and a comprehensive option package with features like a 13-speaker Bose Sound System and a sport design steering wheel.

911black.jpg

J_75

Oct 1, 2003
So they added some mediocre aftermarket stuff and marked it up 100%. Yay?

I like Porsche's, but this "Black Edition" stuff just leaves me wondering what they are trying to accomplish.

DawnsKayBug

Oct 28, 2009

I like Porsche's, but this "Black Edition" stuff just leaves me wondering what they are trying to accomplish.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. OH WOW BOSE!!! YES!!

Pussysmith

Banned
Oct 23, 2004
Well the 997 became hugely successful much because of its iconic demeanor. You can literally make a 997 out of lead and it will sell. It is a 911 that goes back to the original 901/911, 964, 993 look and the performance to back it. This is just a really sought after combination. My 997 is the same. Its not a "rare" combination its just a simple triple black 997. When ordering 997's the dealer can at times get a special edition model that has this similar build from the factory but without the premium price for this "edition."

TS
TS

TheWeasel

And another Black Edition.

boxsterblack.jpg

Looks like the boys in Stuttgart are on a Skunk Works kick with another addition to the Black Edition line. The Boxster S (limited to 987 cars) gets the stealth treatment with a bottom to top makeover in black. From the wheels to the roll-over bars and even the twin tailpipes get blacked out to create this special edition. Its not all cosmetic, the car gets a 10 horsepower boost for a total of 320 hp which help takes the German drop top from 0-62 in just 5.2 seconds.

Pussysmith

Banned
Oct 23, 2004
I like my Porsches like I like my coffee; black, sweet, and high in caffeine.

You show me a man that drinks sweetened coffee and I'll show you a man that will never work for me. Drink your coffee black and quit being a nancy.

Last edited:

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005

Targeting the "more money than brains" crowd. Was there really any doubt?

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
You show me a man that drinks sweetened coffee and I'll show you a man that will never work for me. Drink your coffee black and quit being a nancy.
Hi, I'll never work for you. I don't like my sugar with coffee and cream, but I do like my coffee with cream and sugar.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
EXACTLY what I was thinking. OH WOW BOSE!!! YES!!
My $24000 RX-8 has a Bose stereo in it. As soon as I get a new job I'm buying the double-DIN center console so I can replace the stereo. As far as I can tell, Bose's expertise is using sophisticated electronics to make cheap OEM paper speakers sound somewhat better than normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec