TECH Port forwarding question.

Repentinus

Aug 13, 2005
Lawton, OK
I'm currently using a DLink DIR-655 router and am having trouble with my port forwarding. First, note that I have done this a million times successfully in the past. I can access my router's webpage and get to the portion to enter in the information for port forwarding. I can even input said information and save. This requires a reboot and in the past that was that. But now even after having done all this, when I check http://canyouseeme.org it says the ports I've open are still closed.

I've tried to use multiple entries of different ports and also tried to open a range of ports to no avail.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

TS
TS
Repentinus

Repentinus

Aug 13, 2005
Lawton, OK
Any ports. I use a program that benefits from using an open port. Another weird thing is that I've had ports that were open that mysteriously closed themselves. I used to have a range of ports in the high 6000s and also some in the 25000 area. But not any more.

Hate Crime

Don't Hate
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Minnesota
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

You dont have a software firewall blocking them?

Wolf68k

OT Supporter
Dec 18, 2003
Houston, Texas
What program is this?
Is it running when you test to see if the port is open? Even if the everything is set correctly, if the program isn't running then site like that will see it as closed.

A simple one to try to make sure you at least have the router set correctly that I use is uTorrent.
You can set the port in it to anything you want.

CodeX

Look, I've written applications that attempt to communicate with the router and setup port forwarding... so if there is a way to do this reliably with any generic router other than UPnP I would love to know about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19