Post your latest purchase!!

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Do any moneyhavers here have any recs on a carpet cleaner to purchase? Are there decent units out there to own or am I better off just renting them?

Not a moneyhaver but I dig gadgets and own a couple of carpet cleaners after dealing with shitty rentals. Here are my thoughts...

-The carpet cleaners that you can rent at the store are absolutely better than the ones you buy for home use but there's a good chance that the unit you rented has not been maintained and/or is broken in some way. After paying the rental fee and lugging it into and out of your car and then finding out it is broken will make you irrationally mad.
-What do you need a carpet cleaner for? Before I owned my house I lived in rentals and would always rent a carpet cleaner when it was time to move out. If you own a home, have pets, or want to just make sure you can stay on top of cleaning the house, buying one for yourself is the best bet and will pay for itself over the years.
-If you're buying one for yourself, you don't need all the bells and whistles. In fact, the lesser the bells and whistles the more reliable your carpet cleaner is probably going to be. As I mentioned above, I have two - one is an upright for my carpets and the other is a handheld that I use for my cars or spot cleanup and they're both basic as fuck. Neither of them have heating elements and the upright uses a brush, not a beater bar. I use my own heated water and will do what I can to pretreat any areas for better cleaning results. I also usually only clean my carpets in the summer to help them dry faster. Have had them for about 8 years now and they still work fine.
-Cleaning the unit after usage is important and will ensure that it will work the next time you use it. Some are easier to break down and clean than others...
-If you are cleaning a whole room or house, tank size can be important factor so you may want one with a bigger clean/dirty tank capacity. The units with bigger tanks also tend to be quite a bit heavier than those that have smaller tanks.

Hope this helps...

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Not a moneyhaver but I dig gadgets and own a couple of carpet cleaners after dealing with shitty rentals. Here are my thoughts...

-The carpet cleaners that you can rent at the store are absolutely better than the ones you buy for home use but there's a good chance that the unit you rented has not been maintained and/or is broken in some way. After paying the rental fee and lugging it into and out of your car and then finding out it is broken will make you irrationally mad.
-What do you need a carpet cleaner for? Before I owned my house I lived in rentals and would always rent a carpet cleaner when it was time to move out. If you own a home, have pets, or want to just make sure you can stay on top of cleaning the house, buying one for yourself is the best bet and will pay for itself over the years.
-If you're buying one for yourself, you don't need all the bells and whistles. In fact, the lesser the bells and whistles the more reliable your carpet cleaner is probably going to be. As I mentioned above, I have two - one is an upright for my carpets and the other is a handheld that I use for my cars or spot cleanup and they're both basic as fuck. Neither of them have heating elements and the upright uses a brush, not a beater bar. I use my own heated water and will do what I can to pretreat any areas for better cleaning results. I also usually only clean my carpets in the summer to help them dry faster. Have had them for about 8 years now and they still work fine.
-Cleaning the unit after usage is important and will ensure that it will work the next time you use it. Some are easier to break down and clean than others...
-If you are cleaning a whole room or house, tank size can be important factor so you may want one with a bigger clean/dirty tank capacity. The units with bigger tanks also tend to be quite a bit heavier than those that have smaller tanks.

Hope this helps...
Holy shit I appreciate the detail. I do have a new house and dogs and also a 15 month old lol I was definitely already leaning toward purchasing. Any units you recommend?

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I've been binging that show for a while. Everybody says their sauces are good. Probably gonna take the plunge and order some now that a non-celebrity says it too. :rofl:
My wife will put that specific sauce on fucking ANYTHING it's so good.

Personally I'm a fan for it on my burritos, omelet's, and rice bowls.

The last three times I've gone for the bottle there's been almost none left, so I order a new bottle, and the cycle starts all over again. :rofl: :wtc:

Relax Preppy

OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
Washington, D.C.
My wife will put that specific sauce on fucking ANYTHING it's so good.

Personally I'm a fan for it on my burritos, omelet's, and rice bowls.

The last three times I've gone for the bottle there's been almost none left, so I order a new bottle, and the cycle starts all over again. :rofl: :wtc:
Have you had the hoffs, bhutila, or hellfire from that season? So much better than the rest

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Holy shit I appreciate the detail. I do have a new house and dogs and also a 15 month old lol I was definitely already leaning toward purchasing. Any units you recommend?

Fantastic! Glad my post helped! Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations because I haven't been in the market for a carpet cleaner in a few years. :(

This is the new version of my upright - it seems to get pretty good reviews and at only $99 bucks, might just be cheap enough to just buy on a whim to see if it works for you.

rockdog

(Banned or Deleted)
OT Supporter
Aug 2, 2002
Australia
I need a 3D printer for work to print these fucking things that cost $53 each and break in 3 weeks.

The fuck is it?
If you had a 3d model (or could send one of them to someone to model) you could probably get heaps printed on a resin printer cheap as - when you need heaps of something small its likely to be faster to have printed from a resin 3d printer than a FDM one (or get a resin one for work, and print like 50 of them per go).

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
Do any moneyhavers here have any recs on a carpet cleaner to purchase? Are there decent units out there to own or am I better off just renting them?
You can rent a Bissell BigGreen from Lowes for $29/day or buy it for $500 new. What's ROI for you?

I just rented one couple days ago. Absolute beast of a unit.

Reactions: Sp33dealer

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
Ya I’m thinking I will at least rent this first go around and buy some more time to decide
As the owner of a steam cleaner, I highly suggest renting unless you know you're going to need it regularly. Most of them are large, heavy and not something you'll use but a time or two a year.

There's a reason that I'm the 3rd person in my family to have possession of this particular one. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Sp33dealer

Bitter Moose

OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Dallas
Why does one require 2.1 on their receiver? I directly connect my PS5 to my tv which has 2.1. And loop out the sound from the tv to the reciever. Am I missing something?
You can't get variable refresh rate or 120hz 4k out of a PS5/Xbox Series X without HDMI 2.1. I get that games are currently running at 1440p at 60 FPS etc. It's just time to upgrade the receiver/TV and I want it to be 2.1 so that it's future proof.

Edit- I don't want to plug directly into the TV; missed that part.

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
T-mobile's 5G home internet for $50 (with tax and etc) a month including hotspot rental

oZBt8lQ.png

So far so good!

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
The fuck is it?
If you had a 3d model (or could send one of them to someone to model) you could probably get heaps printed on a resin printer cheap as - when you need heaps of something small its likely to be faster to have printed from a resin 3d printer than a FDM one (or get a resin one for work, and print like 50 of them per go).
It’s a probe for a testing machine.

I had China quote is a gang of them but after tooling costs and what it it was still too much for how many we would have to buy. I’ll look into a resin printer.

I posted a feeler on Reddit too but didn’t follow up since I was looking to China/ I should get back on that. Mind if I PM you ans @thumpr also maybe you too?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448