4x dipole surround
4x height

plus SVS SB 2000 sub

ASVSSB2000PROBA.jpg

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Do any moneyhavers here have any recs on a carpet cleaner to purchase? Are there decent units out there to own or am I better off just renting them?
This is the one I have.

The maid uses it on all of our rooms with carpet once every 6 weeks. I like it because it has a hose with attachments. It's awesome at removing stains from upholstery like couches and chairs. The kids seem to always spill chocolate milk or fruit drink even though they "aren't allowed" to eat or drink on the furniture. Also use it when detailing the cars as well.

It is pretty big but I don't mind. Have room for it in the garage storage. Also the size means having to stop fewer times to empty tanks and add water. My biggest complaint is how damn dirty the water in the wastewater tank is after using it! LOL It is disgusting thinking all that dirt and shit is just living in the carpets. Which just drives the desire to go back to 100% tile and hardwoods like in our previous house.

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
05F25481-9EAD-4F62-A5A8-03D675092220.jpeg

This. And it’s fucking amazing. You can weld on it, it’s tough as shit, and looks amazing. Fuckin 40 bucks a damn can though

Reactions: Zirconium

skeletor25rs

Yetis & Deer
Jan 26, 2001
NBTX
View attachment 213204

This. And it’s fucking amazing. You can weld on it, it’s tough as shit, and looks amazing. Fuckin 40 bucks a damn can though
I’ve been wanting to try it, but the price is scary as hell.

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
It’s a probe for a testing machine.

I had China quote is a gang of them but after tooling costs and what it it was still too much for how many we would have to buy. I’ll look into a resin printer.

I posted a feeler on Reddit too but didn’t follow up since I was looking to China/ I should get back on that. Mind if I PM you ans @thumpr also maybe you too?
wait, what does this have to do with me?

• Haha
Reactions: Menger and lowfat

lescivic

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Space Coast FL
You can't get variable refresh rate or 120hz 4k out of a PS5/Xbox Series X without HDMI 2.1. I get that games are currently running at 1440p at 60 FPS etc. It's just time to upgrade the receiver/TV and I want it to be 2.1 so that it's future proof.

Edit- I don't want to plug directly into the TV; missed that part.
Hey just a heads up. Was reading the Yamaha I mentioned at Costco had some issues with them having to replace the HDMI boards when it was first released. Got a little nervous with the Onkyo and got the Denon instead.

Bitter Moose

OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Dallas
Hey just a heads up. Was reading the Yamaha I mentioned at Costco had some issues with them having to replace the HDMI boards when it was first released. Got a little nervous with the Onkyo and got the Denon instead.
I went ahead and ordered the Costco onkyo. I think it comes on Wednesday. Wish me luck :hsd:

Reactions: lescivic

Bitter Moose

OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Dallas
Probably the better choice. Was reading about Onkyo’s issues with their last gen models and got cold feet but haven’t read anything but positive with that model.
I read someone's critique that 2021 had a lot of defective parts in the supply chain and therefore a lot of receivers had issues. Seems to line up as lot of receivers from 2021 have garbage reviews. I have an Integra right now (Onkyo brand) that I like. Hopefully this one is decent.

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I read someone's critique that 2021 had a lot of defective parts in the supply chain and therefore a lot of receivers had issues. Seems to line up as lot of receivers from 2021 have garbage reviews. I have an Integra right now (Onkyo brand) that I like. Hopefully this one is decent.
I had similar needs as you and got the denon avr-s660h and have been really happy with it FWIW

Reactions: Bitter Moose

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448