Firewalla Purple

Purple_Sideview.png

Reactions: arostad and lowfat

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
Bosch Dishwasher.jpg
Wall Outlet.png

Woke up Sunday to the lights on our old Kenmore Elite dishwasher flashing.
Did some reading and figured out how to get into diagnostic mode. Was able to do a hard reset and it ran through the diagnostic check with no errors.
I ran a cycle and everything was good. Heard an odd noise and it was dumping water into the washer and draining at the same time. Then electrical smell from the front and no power.
Killed the power to the outlet at the box. Outlet had burn marks. Pull the board from the washer and it was burned on the backside.

View attachment 216334
Back side of board not pictured
View attachment 216335

Replaced the outlet and jumper wires last night. Will do the install on the dishwasher tonight.
Any thoughts on the Bosch dishwasher so far? I’ve been eyeing the 500 but it’s always out of stock.

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Any thoughts on the Bosch dishwasher so far? I’ve been eyeing the 500 but it’s always out of stock.
I bought one last fall. Took forever to get in stock after I ordered it but so far is been great. Quiet, dishes are clean, it doesn't leak :mamoru:

We do the air vent thing, it pops open the door after the cycle to help dry plastics I guess. By the morning it's g2g, everything is dry.

Reactions: bearsdidit

BAUCE

OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
:hmm: what are you mainly going to be using this for?
Not as a router like @xconverge recommended

Will have it set up as a network firewall and will be adding my VPN to its so I have protection across the network instead of installing the app on all my devices. This will go between my gigabit router and eero pro 6.

Reactions: xconverge

Fordgasm

Mike Trout > All
May 12, 2001
Think I’m going to get this as well.

Been sitting at DLT far longer than I’d ever imagine it. Missed the crewwear black/black manix2, and the crucarta PM2 skinny scale will always be around.

EDIT: ordered. Hopefully get some cool scales on this thing.
Mine has by far the worst action I’ve ever gotten from a Spyderco

• Wow
Reactions: Lit Wick87

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Bosch 800 owner here. Have the same feelings about mine. Super quiet, reliable, dries everything fine with the air vent.

Ours replaced a 4 year old KA that kept frying main panels. Haven't had a problem with the Bosch in almost 4 years.

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
Bosch Dishwasher.jpg
Wall Outlet.png

Woke up Sunday to the lights on our old Kenmore Elite dishwasher flashing.
Did some reading and figured out how to get into diagnostic mode. Was able to do a hard reset and it ran through the diagnostic check with no errors.
I ran a cycle and everything was good. Heard an odd noise and it was dumping water into the washer and draining at the same time. Then electrical smell from the front and no power.
Killed the power to the outlet at the box. Outlet had burn marks. Pull the board from the washer and it was burned on the backside.

View attachment 216334
Back side of board not pictured
View attachment 216335

Replaced the outlet and jumper wires last night. Will do the install on the dishwasher tonight.
Was it hard finding the washer? I thought home appliances took months to order with all the supply chain madness.

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Bosch 800 owner here. Have the same feelings about mine. Super quiet, reliable, dries everything fine with the air vent.

Ours replaced a 4 year old KA that kept frying main panels. Haven't had a problem with the Bosch in almost 4 years.
I had a Bosch and just could not get the plastics to dry. Even with the air vent drying. It was frustrating. Went with a GE with a heating element and a disposal in the drain in the new house. Couldnt be happier.

Reactions: GH0ST

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
I had a Bosch and just could not get the plastics to dry. Even with the air vent drying. It was frustrating. Went with a GE with a heating element and a disposal in the drain in the new house. Couldnt be happier.

Weird - we had a GE and it never got shit fully dry and it was loud as fuck.

Then is started leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448