Post your latest purchase!!

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
I am mildly angry at myself for legit purchasing software much more often than my moral principles allow.

I developed ingrained doctrines thanks to growing up dialing piracy BBS's to steal games by slowly downloading them with Zmodem or HS/Link in the 3rd grade (fuck, i know what a file_id_diz is), graduated to IRC scrounging for private channels invites to "/msg [frozenafterbirth] send #DoomII" so I could steal 100 1.44 mb archives files to install Doom II the day it came out, then on to newsgroups, warez forums with links to rapidshare and megaupload, torrents, etc.

Now I am a broken old man. 😔😥

In the last couple months I have:​

-Bought two copies of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021​

-Purchased a license key for TeraCopy Pro​

-Bought a license to unlock EditPlus (b/c i hate notepad++)​

-Donated to Windows Repair Toolbox​

-Paid for WinRAR (for real, not a joke)​

-Bought TurboTax Home & Business​

-Purchased a key for File Renamer Deluxe​

-(probably some crap i forgot about)​

at least you didn't subscribe to a yearly license :o

Seluryar

Jan 22, 2005
Blue Marble Island
Yeah, agreed. When I was setting it up, I told my wife, "This remote absolutely sucks". :rofl:
Magic remote? Things I could do without on it: air mouse/pointer and the app buttons, I would have preferred a dedicated pause/play button, When I use plex, I have to hit the middle button 3 times to pause and unpause... Also, I try to hit the mute button and instead hit the voice button and then have to exit out of that..

Reactions: atxmike

skeletor25rs

Yetis & Deer
Jan 26, 2001
NBTX
Are LG remotes still super round and jump off whatever surface you set them on? Really surprised mine hasn’t broken by now.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
Magic remote? Things I could do without on it: air mouse/pointer and the app buttons, I would have preferred a dedicated pause/play button, When I use plex, I have to hit the middle button 3 times to pause and unpause... Also, I try to hit the mute button and instead hit the voice button and then have to exit out of that..
The mouse thing drove me fucking crazy. If I had to use that shit regularly I probably would have returned the TV.

Other than setup though, I haven't had to use it. I do everything with my Apple TV 4K or my XSX.

Reactions: Scoob_13

Chews Wisely

Banned
Apr 23, 2022
I have both. C1 has a better remote but shittier UI. C9 was annoying af as the damn thing would resume paused playback just by moving the remote.
This is the bane of modern electronics. For every person who likes the feature, there are a dozen who hate it. But they still load up every device with as many options as possible.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
hero.jpg

Bosch 500

Thanks for the great feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448