Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Also booked some stays in Yellowstone and Grand Teton next summer:

View attachment 232092

View attachment 232094

View attachment 232096

View attachment 232095

We're going to drive from North Texas up through Moab, Salt Lake City, Big Sky, cross into Yellowstone on the west side, and work our way south to Grand Teton, then head over to Mount Rushmore and then either go to visit friends in Nebraska, or swing back down through Colorado to go to Pikes Peak since the hill climb would be right around when we'd be swinging back down.
I stayed in that same Lodge last year.

Bring food. The food options in the park are fucking horrible.

Keysersozeh

The Devil Himself
Nov 30, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Also booked some stays in Yellowstone and Grand Teton next summer:

View attachment 232092

View attachment 232094

View attachment 232096

View attachment 232095

We're going to drive from North Texas up through Moab, Salt Lake City, Big Sky, cross into Yellowstone on the west side, and work our way south to Grand Teton, then head over to Mount Rushmore and then either go to visit friends in Nebraska, or swing back down through Colorado to go to Pikes Peak since the hill climb would be right around when we'd be swinging back down.
Make dinner reservations if you are staying at the lodge. There are NO other real meal options there. About three years ago we stayed there for a few nights and ignored their emails suggesting making reservations thinking it was all marketing... nope. We ended up getting the last seating because we made them the same day.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
I stayed in that same Lodge last year.

Bring food. The food options in the park are fucking horrible.

Make dinner reservations if you are staying at the lodge. There are NO other real meal options there. About three years ago we stayed there for a few nights and ignored their emails suggesting making reservations thinking it was all marketing... nope. We ended up getting the last seating because we made them the same day.

Noted. :bigthumb: I'll have to talk to the person that's coordinating this thing. Since we're driving (they're flying in) we'll have the truck to haul a cooler/etc. for whatever excursions we go on.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Came in the mail today:

MBA-Edit.jpg

Not saying how much it cost :wtcd:
More like

Z19xbQGh.png

amirite?

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
I mean in his defense it is a car from 67.

It’s kinda fun to fix these random problems :shrug:
You SAY that -

Then, the next thing you know, you're neck deep with a 71 Firebird on a Thursday night, trying to unfuck a stripped flywheel bolt with less than half of the tools you need.

• Haha
Reactions: Bugalu

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Sapphire - 6.39ct Royal Blue - Lab Grown - 2.jpeg

Sapphire - 6.39ct Royal Blue - Lab Grown - 1.jpeg

(Not my fingerprints :squint: )

Finally received this in the mail today. 6.39c lab-created sapphire, going into a custom 10 year anniversary piece for my wife. Haven't decided if it's going into her engagement ring (unlikely), a new ring for her right hand, or a necklace (as the last time I gave her a necklace "it's too nice to wear").

Probably a necklace, if I had to guess, with some .4 to .6c diamonds, possibly 10, one for each year, and then in a manner to allow for future additions for each additional year. I dunno, still working on that part :o

@DasVWBabe

Last edited:

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
View attachment 233174

View attachment 233175

Finally received this in the mail today. 6.39c lab-created sapphire, going into a custom 10 year anniversary piece for my wife. Haven't decided if it's going into her engagement ring (unlikely), a new ring for her right hand, or a necklace (as the last time I gave her a necklace "it's too nice to wear").

Probably a necklace, if I had to guess, with some .4 to .6c diamonds, possibly 10, one for each year, and then in a manner to allow for future additions for each additional year. I dunno, still working on that part :o

@DasVWBabe
Damn that color is amazing

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Damn that color is amazing
Das can attest to my pickiness over color when it comes to sapphires, but I've been waiting a long time to catch a synthetic sapphire >5c with as close to a royal blue coloring as possible and with a cut I liked, and I just happened to luck into this one, normally gems like this sell out quick from this guy.

I think once I get it into a setting with the diamonds flanking it that it's really going to show it off. I took it out to the backyard earlier to get a feel for it and it's even more insane in person :o

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
Das can attest to my pickiness over color when it comes to sapphires, but I've been waiting a long time to catch a synthetic sapphire >5c with as close to a royal blue coloring as possible and with a cut I liked, and I just happened to luck into this one, normally gems like this sell out quick from this guy.

I think once I get it into a setting with the diamonds flanking it that it's really going to show it off. I took it out to the backyard earlier to get a feel for it and it's even more insane in person :o
how much was it?

Thor

Cycling, Watch, Beer Crew
OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2004
DFW, TX
View attachment 233174

View attachment 233175

@DasVWBabe
Nice Assher cut. I got a gem from the same place for my wife when my son was born, his name is Asher. :mamoru: Still sitting in the safe, need to do something with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingdee