Bitter Moose

Oct 26, 2007
Dallas

All of Corsx’ stuff is really good. Recommend their cleansers over CeraVe too

Reactions: ej25power

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
or the nuclei SV which is what I just picked up for my destroy while at work jacket for this winter. going to be putting it to great use while it's -20* next week at work :mad:
View attachment 273856
I have a ridiculous north face Himalayan parka for that weather. It get too warm if you walk slowly unless it’s under 0F. Doesn’t look like it is made anymore.

Noparking

Platinum Member
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
South Island, New Zeland
I have a ridiculous north face Himalayan parka for that weather. It get too warm if you walk slowly unless it’s under 0F. Doesn’t look like it is made anymore.

Each winter I ponder dropping 500-1k on a nice down jacket but the reality is this jacket(and all my other gear) is going to get destroyed with oil, jet A and covered in explosives so I end up with something cheaper I don't mind end up having to throw away after a season or two.

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
Each winter I ponder dropping 500-1k on a nice down jacket but the reality is this jacket(and all my other gear) is going to get destroyed with oil, jet A and covered in explosives so I end up with something cheaper I don't mind end up having to throw away after a season or two.
Down sucks for wet weather iirc

Smahatma

OT Supporter
Dec 23, 2003
Gullyfornia
Bit of an impulse purchase, but looks cool and relevant to my aurora hunting photography interests (just shot some in Iceland last week)

Rimowa cabin aurora borealis edition (ltd to 1000 pieces)

2983BAB0-B1B9-4C14-88A8-4A005C0F2809.jpeg
0FB49F40-7E95-40B3-BD78-4A70EB59A1C5.jpeg

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I have one on the way in the lighter gray with orange trim. I have an AR that is great but slightly bulky. Hoping the fit on this is a little more snug.
I liked that color way too, but went with the darker

It’s not bulky at all, it almost feels like it’s not insulated

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I liked that color way too, but went with the darker

It’s not bulky at all, it almost feels like it’s not insulated
I'm hoping it's basically like the Patagonia Nano Puff jacket. That's usually what I wear through most of winter and it's fine. I'm thinking I can use the AR during those handful of actually cold days each winter.

Lit Wick87

This wave of guilt is drowning me
OT Supporter
Bit of an impulse purchase, but looks cool and relevant to my aurora hunting photography interests (just shot some in Iceland last week)

View attachment 273958
View attachment 273959
Woah

Reactions: Bob Sandvagene

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
Everyone is going to laugh at me, but I went old school and recently bought an mp3 player. I still like to listen to offline music and I hate storing music on my phone (I don't want to fill up my phone's memory with thousands of songs nor do I always want to carry my phone with me). I've got a few old Zunes that still work, but this thing intrigued me. Totally worth the purchase.

Sony Walkman NW-A105

This is great at the gym or when I'm outside doing yard work. Unlike the Zunes (because they're so old) it has blutooth, can connect to Wi-Fi, and it has an Android based OS. So I just pop in my ear buds, drop it in my pocket, and I'm good to go. It's small, the sound quality is great, and it plays pretty much all music files (including FLAC, ALAC, DSD and m4a). It has a microSD slot so it holds tons of music (I threw in a 128GB card to start). For me, this thing is perfect. Hope it lasts as long as my old Zunes have.

d9Ecgvz.jpg

joamI0x.jpg

9cb6Xqz.jpg

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007

View attachment 273958
View attachment 273959
Link to Iceland picture thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman