Post your latest purchase!!

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
@DrewDown has some bad ass cap on his truck. I forget the brand.

Thanks I went the RSI Smartcap. I love it, especially now since I have to haul all my work gear around every day.

8XuyjE3.jpg

FrTCRxT.jpg

AIClgCP.jpg

4KRWIKV.jpg

poLffqJ.jpg

TS
TS
Cashishift

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
This is my first truck, but I have friends who have had them. I learned those 3 fold covers or the snap covers are shit. I wanted something rigid and to make the rear area mostly waterproof. This does a great job. The only downfall is the canister takes up some space in the bed. The ability to lock the cover at any position is great.

Here's mine.
509j1ng.jpg

HAfEB9n.jpg

eAApt8S.jpg
If my truck ever gets built - https://bakindustries.com/revolver-x4s

I am considering that one, but dunno which one.. in my climate they all have negatives. But my vehicles are garage kept. and I can if I want, park in a garage at work.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

The Decline of Western Civilization
Jun 13, 2001
Works if you have a Thuma bed frame

So it doesn’t work if you have a bed, just the bed.

Napkin

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2005
Works if you have a Thuma bed frame

145 bucks for a dinner tray with a clamp? :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia

I am considering that one, but dunno which one.. in my climate they all have negatives. But my vehicles are garage kept. and I can if I want, park in a garage at work.
The reviews talk about leaking, semi-water tight, etc.

Just tossing that out there. I get that they all leak though, which is kind of annoying to me :rofl:

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003

Seems expensive for the materials. I made a thread before I bought mine and a lot of people recommended the Retrax Pro. I honestly didn't look into negatives with snow. Like you, I keep mine garaged and I WFH so it won't really be sitting in snow storms or anything.

Napkin

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2005
$145 is not a lot compared to what a well built nightstand would cost.

How much would you charge to make one and have it powder coated?

you can get a decent night stand for that price and it would be more than just a dinner tray. 40 bucks max for a product like that. powder coating is cheap.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
$145 is not a lot compared to what a well built nightstand would cost.

How much would you charge to make one and have it powder coated?
If I was producing them in any sort of reasonable capacity? Not much. Per unit it’s probably sub $25 and reasonably sub $15 if they manufacture at scale.

It’s CNC’d components, then some edge grinding, then 4 bends on a flat piece of steel for the bracket, and then a couple of jigged bends for the edging around the tray, plus a couple of spot welds, plus powder coating, plus paint, plus cork.

It’s not that complex of an object to manufacture.

Oh and as to how much would I charge? Clearly I’d charge $145 if people are going to spend ~3-6x time and materials on them.

Reactions: Lit Wick87
TS
TS
Cashishift

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
Seems expensive for the materials. I made a thread before I bought mine and a lot of people recommended the Retrax Pro. I honestly didn't look into negatives with snow. Like you, I keep mine garaged and I WFH so it won't really be sitting in snow storms or anything.
I’ll be looking at your option too. I haven’t been too hot on this since it appears I will be waiting awhile :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman