bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
Works if you have a Thuma bed frame

How do you like the frame?

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
If I was producing them in any sort of reasonable capacity? Not much. Per unit it’s probably sub $25 and reasonably sub $15 if they manufacture at scale.

It’s CNC’d components, then some edge grinding, then 4 bends on a flat piece of steel for the bracket, and then a couple of jigged bends for the edging around the tray, plus a couple of spot welds, plus powder coating, plus paint, plus cork.

It’s not that complex of an object to manufacture.

Oh and as to how much would I charge? Clearly I’d charge $145 if people are going to spend ~3-6x time and materials on them.

Where I live, I would imagine labor rate to fabricate such thing would be easily north of $200/hr.

I do not debate that it's not a complicated object to manufacture at all. But ANYTHING that is CND'd is going to cost a lot of money here. It may even cost more to be done manually.

the tray is also 7lbs of steel.

you can get a decent night stand for that price and it would be more than just a dinner tray. 40 bucks max for a product like that. powder coating is cheap.

Show me a "decent" night stand for $150 that's not from Ikea/wayfair:coolugh:

How do you like the frame?

Very high quality with lots of heft built into the frame. I also like that there are accessory that you can by that matches the bed frame PERFECTLY.

We've had it for over a year now, and it has been serving us well. My previous bedframe had poor quality slats that would eventually sag causing me to wake up with a bad back. I blamed the Tuft and Needle mattress and ended up replacing it under warranty, twice. I gave up and bought a latex mattress which weights about 180lbs. The sagging mattress came back and I finally decided to change the bed frame with the Thuma and things have been great ever since.

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
Works if you have a Thuma bed frame

Fuck it’s only for hipsters

TS
TS
Cashishift

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
I’ll be looking at your option too. I haven’t been too hot on this since it appears I will be waiting awhile :rolleyes:
Strangely enough - Got an email this evening that its moved to production... after 3 months of "no allocations".

Who knows what that means, be pretty slick if it was here before Christmas :coold:

Watched a few videos on the Retrax @amill94 looks like a nice unit. Only concern is that I am not very tall.. I'll probably wait until it gets here to buy anything.

Most of my buddies have Bak MX4's I think.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
230102_Bradford_White_RG130T6N264_N.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: bearsdidit

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Strangely enough - Got an email this evening that its moved to production... after 3 months of "no allocations".

Who knows what that means, be pretty slick if it was here before Christmas :coold:

Watched a few videos on the Retrax @amill94 looks like a nice unit. Only concern is that I am not very tall.. I'll probably wait until it gets here to buy anything.

Most of my buddies have Bak MX4's I think.
What does your height have to do with anything? :o

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Giphy had some crap options for 'tankless'

Nothing wrong with a full tank...but it ain't no tankless
Our wh went out last year, if it didn’t shit the bed and caused a mini emergency I would have went tankless

Next time we certainly will but we were told it takes a little bit more planning to make the change

Not sure how true that is though

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Our wh went out last year, if it didn’t shit the bed and caused a mini emergency I would have went tankless

Next time we certainly will but we were told it takes a little bit more planning to make the change

Not sure how true that is though
First house we owned, 50gal wh nuked itself so we replaced with tankless.

Aside from a first set of plumbers that fucked up the drip? (been a while, can't remember, the drain catch all for drips) line, it went perfect and was easy af. Second set fixed it easy peasy.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
No electricity is required for natural gas heater install.

A vent is required, but tankless requires a "high flow" vent per code which a regular tank hot water vent doesn't meet the requirement.
oh interesting our tanked NG water heater has power, and I think a vent... my landlord AKA stupid MIL just paid $700 to fix it :yikes: so I was kinda looking into tankless to just rub it in :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman