Post your latest purchase!!

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
Please post a review, I’m genuinely interested in real review and not magazine Fluff.

I've had the Lightning for a couple weeks now. Put about 600 miles on it, mostly local. Coming from a Mach E (which I just sold to vroom), I'm familiar with the software and EVs in general.

I was considering keeping the Mach E, but vroom offered enough to make it worthwhile and the Lightning is so quick, I didn't feel the need to keep the Mach E. There hasn't been anything unexpected and the truck has been absolutely fantastic.

The biggest weakness is the software. I don't have much experience with Tesla but I believe they have a big advantage having built it from the ground up specifically for EVs. Sync 4 is slow and limited. Ford is supposed to be switching to an Android based platform but last I heard, it's been pushed back and it's not going to be backward compatible.

There is an adjustment for me with ride quality. The Mach E obviously had a stiffer suspension and was much lower to the ground. I enjoyed that. The Lightning is more floaty and feels top heavy. I knew this going in, but it's still very different.

Range for the SR is 240 and it's been pretty accurate. I don't tow and don't drive long distances, so never need to charge away from home. Level 2 is enough for me and I've charged maybe twice a week so far.

Interior quality is solid. No squeaks or rattles. All the components seem to be of good quality. Nothing luxurious, but it's a work truck.

The acceleration is insane for what the truck weighs. I think it's faster than my Mach E. At least, it feels that way.

All in all, I'm very happy with the truck. I get occasional looks from people, but nothing crazy unless I have the frunk open to load groceries. It looks so much like an ICE F-150 that people don't realize it's an EV.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Two $49 6.5’ artificial Christmas trees

Don’t @ me
giphy.gif

• Cool
Reactions: Wolf and michael

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
  • Cool
Reactions: Wolf

hipberri

Jan 27, 2016
SOG has a 40% off sale, i got a couple things

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman