CREW Pour over coffee crew: is the Baratza Encore worth it?

phatguy88

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
boston
Just get it and get the burr from the virtuoso and replace it and boom, even better
Took 15 minutes for me

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
wife has the Capresso Infinity burr grinder, loves it. She does pour-over. I got it for her 4 years ago, holding up fine.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
wife has the Capresso Infinity burr grinder, loves it. She does pour-over. I got it for her 4 years ago, holding up fine.
I have this as my French press/pour over machine. Sits in the cupboard mainly, but it's never let me down either. The baratza is more consistent, but it's a bit more $$$ too.

TS
TS
shreddedchicken

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
Cheapest I can find $139 from Crate and Barrel and I can use a 10% coupon from signing up their mailing list whatever

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
I've been using mine for ~2 years and it's still going strong. Use it for pour over and espresso and it doesn't a great job for both.

Do you dial your grind everyday between pour Over and espresso? I would hate doing that and would just rather buy a second grinder for pour over.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Do you dial your grind everyday between pour Over and espresso? I would hate doing that and would just rather buy a second grinder for pour over.

Not only do I have to dial my grind between pour over and espresso, but I have to dial it between decaf espresso and regular espresso :rofl:

For the most part it's always the same though. 20 for pour over, 6 for decaf espresso, and 8 for regular espresso.

• Haha
Reactions: bearsdidit
TS
TS
shreddedchicken

shreddedchicken

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
Not only do I have to dial my grind between pour over and espresso, but I have to dial it between decaf espresso and regular espresso :rofl:

For the most part it's always the same though. 20 for pour over, 6 for decaf espresso, and 8 for regular espresso.

I thought encore is not for espresso grind

P3R3

Apr 8, 2011
Seattle
I have a Breville SmartGrind, I like the fact it has preset grind times, pour the whole bag in and g2g.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026