CAR Poverty Crew: Anyone have a Nissan Titan?

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
I'm thinking of replacing my Xterra with something capable of towing a car trailer. Nissan titans seem to be cheap and fairly reliable and with a towing package pretty capable tow trucks. I would get a first gen, probably something like a 2010 or somewhere around there because I'm incredibly poor. Anyone have one or had one? Pics of your butthole?

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Drivetrain is pretty reliable
Poor gas mileage
Interior quality isn't anything to write home about
But it'll get you around and tow and they're getting pretty cheap

Reactions: Mikel

about:blank

Apr 5, 2001
Was looking into them for a while, great trucks, fun to drive and pretty quick. Stay away from pre 09 ones due to weak brakes and other small issues they fixed. Off road models come with rear electronic lockers just like TRD off road Tacomas. Pro-4x is where it's at.

Reactions: Mikel
TS
TS
Mikel

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
Poor gas mileage

That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I likely wouldn't drive it more than I do my current Xterra, and I've put 1485 miles on it in the last year, so I don't really care about gas mileage. Plus my other car is averaging 600mpg on this tank, so fuck it.

• Wow
Reactions: Sean6293
TS
TS
Mikel

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
Was looking into them for a while, great trucks, fun to drive and pretty quick. Stay away from pre 09 ones due to weak brakes and other small issues they fixed. Off road models come with rear electronic lockers just like TRD off road Tacomas. Pro-4x is where it's at.

Yeah I was looking at an 09+

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I likely wouldn't drive it more than I do my current Xterra, and I've put 1485 miles on it in the last year, so I don't really care about gas mileage. Plus my other car is averaging 600mpg on this tank, so fuck it.
For low $20s you can get a 2017+ Armada which is based on the Nissan Patrol internationally and those are beasts

But I'm guessing your budget is like, 1/4 of that so YOLO get that Titan

Hood Moses

Halogen boi
Oct 4, 2001
NC
Poor gas mileage

This. My buddy has one. Not bad not great, does what he needs it to do.

TS
TS
Mikel

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
For low $20s you can get a 2017+ Armada which is based on the Nissan Patrol internationally and those are beasts

But I'm guessing your budget is like, 1/4 of that so YOLO get that Titan

Yeah I would like to spend under $10k, but that's at wholesale auction. I paid $4500 for my 2013 Volt with 104k miles.

BoogieKnight

Aug 29, 2002
Wacko, Tejas
Heard the 1st gen’s catalytic converter can disintegrate and get sucked up into the engine. How about a 2007-2013 Tundra (before the refresh)? They’re getting kinda cheap relatively.

TS
TS
Mikel

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
Heard the 1st gen’s catalytic converter can disintegrate and get sucked up into the engine. How about a 2007-2013 Tundra (before the refresh)? They’re getting kinda cheap relatively.

I'll check into the Tundra Too. The Xterra has the catalytic converter problem too, I just replaced mine though, kinda annoying but now it's fixed.

WS6Formula350

2018 updated user text
Jul 5, 2001
Birmingham, AL
I'm thinking of replacing my Xterra with something capable of towing a car trailer. Nissan titans seem to be cheap and fairly reliable and with a towing package pretty capable tow trucks. I would get a first gen, probably something like a 2010 or somewhere around there because I'm incredibly poor. Anyone have one or had one? Pics of your butthole?
Co-worker has one with the 5.7 that has like 200k on the clock. Lieks to eat oil and the blend doors in the dash stick. Interior is falling apart. Other than that it's fine.

TS
TS
Mikel

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
Co-worker has one with the 5.7 that has like 200k on the clock. Lieks to eat oil and the blend doors in the dash stick. Interior is falling apart. Other than that it's fine.

I'm gonna try to find one with fewer miles. I think they all have the 5.6 until the second gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026