CREW SRS STYLE Poverty furniture crew - give me suggestions, right now Bassett is the front runner

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
We're looking at furniture for our new house. We need two new bedroom sets, I think that stuff is picked out.

We also need a dining room set, a sofa and loveseat or sectional for the living room and similar for the media room.

Right now I'm unsure if I want a sectional in the media room, I LOVE the idea of a sectional because I can sprawl out. But a couch and loveseat allows us to put a coffee table to hold drinks and such between the two vs just a coffee table out front. For the media room, I'm leaning towards fabric and not leather (leather makes me sweat) and Bassett is our front runner there. Sectional vs two pieces is still TBD.

For the primary living space I'll leave it up to the wife but we're struggling to find things that we want within budget. For a sectional couch/loveseat about $5,000 is our budget for the primary living area. The wife would like leather, we did find one from Bernhardt thats at the very top of our budget seemed nice and well built and another from them that was well within budget at $3600.

We also looked at one from USA leather that's within budget.

Finally on the dining room side of things we're really struggling. We found a couple options from Bassett but table w/chairs has us around $4000 to $5000 depending on which table and chairs we choose. That's a lot of coin.

Does OTs poverty crew have any other suggestions?

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
I like west elm for budget furniture. They can be small though, so try to find an outlet with a large selection in house.

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
I went to a local place that sells Amish furniture. They order it from Pennsylvania or something and it takes a couple months. You pick the wood and color/stain. You have anything like that around? This furniture is legit.

Thumpin'Ram

Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
I went to a local place that sells Amish furniture. They order it from Pennsylvania or something and it takes a couple months. You pick the wood and color/stain. You have anything like that around? This furniture is legit.
Amish places near me are crazy expensive

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
:werd: I buy most hard surface furniture second hand. Most have been at consignment stores.

seriously my dining room table was 200 bucks. came with 6 chairs, extra leafs. I dont give a shit if the kid marks it up and carves her name into it.

I was looking at the poplar epoxy river tables and like wtf am i doing. kids are terrible for furniture

Reactions: Thumpin'Ram

Thumpin'Ram

Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
seriously my dining room table was 200 bucks. came with 6 chairs, extra leafs. I dont give a shit if the kid marks it up and carves her name into it.

I was looking at the poplar epoxy river tables and like wtf am i doing. kids are terrible for furniture
We also hate matching furniture sets. Eclectic, if done properly, is the way to go.

• Haha
Reactions: whatever

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men

We had the two grandchildren over a few days ago. They wanted to crayon.
Wife brought out crayons and markers.
They were as careful as four and six year olds can be, but some got on the table.

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Was just going down the rabbit whole of putting a new bed together because I saw some ad for a mattress. Decided to look on Amazon. Shit's pretty cheap compared to actual furniture stores and most of the stuff was 4+ stars. King "purple" competition mattrees for like $400 and then a king frame for $400 seemed quite reasonable. :dunno:

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Was just going down the rabbit whole of putting a new bed together because I saw some ad for a mattress. Decided to look on Amazon. Shit's pretty cheap compared to actual furniture stores and most of the stuff was 4+ stars. King "purple" competition mattrees for like $400 and then a king frame for $400 seemed quite reasonable. :dunno:
I've had plenty of truly poverty furniture over the years, it's all absolute shit and falls apart quickly. If you aren't going to move maybe it's not an issue but I want something that'll last.

Reactions: saxman

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
we went to pretty great pains to find a couch we liked for our living room. sat on a lot of stuff at west elm, crate and barrel, etc

ended up getting a floyd. it's more expensive than some dogshit you'd get from ikea, but it's genuinely "cheap" for a nice couch. like 1700 dollars, but felt like a 3k+ couch

got this one, but opted for the birch, which looks really nice

01-detail-d5a3eeaa36b72f097fe924f6fa1efea9d2f4ff4225995044d451563f90bbd388.jpg

best part.. it comes shipped in a few boxes (panels in two boxes, pillows in two boxes). putting it together is braindead easy, and this shit is 100% built to last.

y'all ever move or get sick of it, it'd take legit 5-10 minutes to take apart

very comfortable too. the cushions do NOT slide

5SpeedSER

Jun 18, 2003
South Florida
I like west elm for budget furniture. They can be small though, so try to find an outlet with a large selection in house.
Note they dont stock any of their furniture - so its all build to order. You're talking many months for most of their stuff right now

Bought a couch in september, still waiting on it.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
we went to pretty great pains to find a couch we liked for our living room. sat on a lot of stuff at west elm, crate and barrel, etc

ended up getting a floyd. it's more expensive than some dogshit you'd get from ikea, but it's genuinely "cheap" for a nice couch. like 1700 dollars, but felt like a 3k+ couch

got this one, but opted for the birch, which looks really nice

01-detail-d5a3eeaa36b72f097fe924f6fa1efea9d2f4ff4225995044d451563f90bbd388.jpg

best part.. it comes shipped in a few boxes (panels in two boxes, pillows in two boxes). putting it together is braindead easy, and this shit is 100% built to last.

y'all ever move or get sick of it, it'd take legit 5-10 minutes to take apart

very comfortable too. the cushions do NOT slide
Thanks man I just sent this to my wife. I like that a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan