SRS Power of OT v.Movember

Buttons

Haha, totally
Feb 27, 2004
Burlington, Ontario
I signed up for Movember this year. For those that don't know what it is, it's a fundraiser where you grow a moustache for the whole month of November to raise awareness for mens mental health and cancer research. As some OTers know a couple years ago I had some depression issues and attempted suicide. A lot of OTers helped me out (especially @FBI-SS who I am forever indebted to). I'm also doing this for my Dad who I lost to throat cancer in 2016. I don't expect anything from OT and usually would never post anything like this. I've never asked OT for much. I've donated to people on here, voted for people to win contests and donated subs. Figured I'd give this a shot. I initially made my goal $200 but met that goal today so bumped it to $300. I know times have been tough for a lot of people so if you can't donate please don't.

Here's the link.

Here's some pics of my progress.
BK266Mc.jpg

SsZ4AGO.jpg

ChDUOe0.png

Yes I'm a heavily tattooed degenerate. No need to remind me. :rofl:

Junkie

re-tarded
OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Santa Clara, CA
did you take part in NNN too?

I lost my dad to cancer in 2014. Had a sinusoidal mucosal melanoma. He had a stuffy nose that wouldn't go away, eventually he went in to get it checked out, they gave him antibiotics, they helped a tiny bit but not much, they gave him stronger antibiotics, no improvement, finally they took a sample and found it was cancer but it was too late, he died a year and 3 months later. I was holding his hand when he stopped breathing.

TS
TS
Buttons

Buttons

Haha, totally
Feb 27, 2004
Burlington, Ontario
did you take part in NNN too?

I lost my dad to cancer in 2014. Had a sinusoidal mucosal melanoma. He had a stuffy nose that wouldn't go away, eventually he went in to get it checked out, they gave him antibiotics, they helped a tiny bit but not much, they gave him stronger antibiotics, no improvement, finally they took a sample and found it was cancer but it was too late, he died a year and 3 months later. I was holding his hand when he stopped breathing.
I didn't.

My dad had "swollen glands" and was super stubborn. I had to force him to go get checked. When he did the cancer was pretty bad. They gave him roughly a year or less and he lived for 13 with it. He lost his voice, his taste buds and had to have part of his jawbone removed. Went from 240lbs to ~108lbs in a few months. :wtc:

TS
TS
Buttons

Buttons

Haha, totally
Feb 27, 2004
Burlington, Ontario
As promised here's an updated pic from today... really need to shave my head but was too lazy. :rofl:
FyQmQ3ql.jpg

Here's a couple pics of my pops
Y52NQmCl.jpg

dhHNa8a.jpg

He got this tattooed after he beat cancer the first time. It came back a year after this which required having most of the right side of his jawbone removed. That meant he had to eat through a feed tube. The tube was only supposed to be there for a few months but he ended up having it for 10+ years due to complications from surgery and radiation/chemo. :hs: He hated not being able to eat like a normal person and that took a huge toll on his mental health.
HcZc1yx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman