EDU GAME TECH Power On: The Story of XBox *VIDEO*

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
I watched all of this today and thought it deserved it's own thread.

Pretty wild for Microsoft to acknowledge it's own failures like the 360's Red Ring of Death.

"A small team of upstarts sets out to convince Microsoft that it’s time to enter the console business. Chapter 1 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all."

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
I haven’t watched this yet….

I was always a PS guy, but recently bought a Xbox Series S because of their Ultimate Game Pass service and to finally play Forza.

I have to admit I really like the console and software, I didn’t expect I would.

Reactions: Genius/GZA

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I haven’t watched this yet….

I was always a PS guy, but recently bought a Xbox Series S because of their Ultimate Game Pass service and to finally play Forza.

I have to admit I really like the console and software, I didn’t expect I would.

I honestly sort of settled for the Series S because it was the only new system in stock. It really is a great little console though and I'm satisfied

• Clown
Reactions: Narc

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
OG Xbox and Xbox 360 were great. Xbone was trash - never thought I'd buy another system from ms after that but they somehow turned it around

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Xbox gets a nod because it never tries to go with the "exclusivity" shit that Sony does.

If it's on Xbox, you can get it on PC, and even knowing they might blunt console sales they still have Gamepass for PC

Reactions: intro_vert13

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
Had every Xbox since the original. Even though the Xbox One was a sour note the One X def redeemed it for me.

Glad I have a Series X.

keroberos

Jan 16, 2002
Xbox gets a nod because it never tries to go with the "exclusivity" shit that Sony does.

If it's on Xbox, you can get it on PC, and even knowing they might blunt console sales they still have Gamepass for PC

Console exclusives never mean to include PC.

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
It still comes to PC.

At this point Xbox has to do it to be relevant.
It "may"

Almost no chance uncharted games hit PC

You're arguing semantics but the reality is Xbox games have a high chance to be on PC day 1 if not shortly thereafter, PS exclusives usually never get the port.

And most PC players never get xboxes

keroberos

Jan 16, 2002
It "may"

You're arguing semantics but the reality is Xbox games have a high chance to be on PC day 1 if not shortly thereafter, PS exclusives usually never get the port.

And that's why Xbox is being out sold by Nintendo and PlayStation and the reason they have to include PC gamers.

keroberos

Jan 16, 2002
It "may"

🤔

The news was shared by Sony during its recent presentation to investors. On slide 26 of the 37-page presentation, Sony listed Uncharted 4 as one of the games that will be ported over to PC, much like Days Gone which launched on PC in late April. No release date has been announced.

In February, Sony CEO Jim Ryan confirmed that more PlayStation-exclusive titles will be released for PC. “There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward,” he said at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec