EDU GAME TECH Power On: The Story of XBox *VIDEO*

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California
Semi-related but always found this really interesting from an engineering standpoint

pdkwdh92rh321.png

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
I watched all of this today and thought it deserved it's own thread.

Pretty wild for Microsoft to acknowledge it's own failures like the 360's Red Ring of Death.

"A small team of upstarts sets out to convince Microsoft that it’s time to enter the console business. Chapter 1 of Power On: The Story of Xbox. Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft's video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all."

My RRoD poster delivered yesterday. I need to post it up on my wall. That shit made me so much money back in the day. :rofl:

Reactions: HipHopHead

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
My RRoD poster delivered yesterday. I need to post it up on my wall. That shit made me so much money back in the day. :rofl:
Still have my 360 with the DVD drive you flashed for me back in the day after my house was burglarized. Haven't turned it on in years though.

• Love
Reactions: Twinsen

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
A lot of rough obsticales they managed to get over. Very inspiring.

*Having to convincing Gates & Ballmer to take a chance with the first Xbox
*Red ring of Death costing them $1 Billion
*Xbox One horrible start due poor strategy

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
360 was the first console I bought for myself. I remember there was a coupon code for amazon posted on OT, but to use it you'd have to have some other item added to your cart that qualified lol. I remember everyone in the thread was posting links to what cheap $2~ items they'd gotten alongside the 360.

I think I grabbed the console and CoD 3 and Gears of War? I'm not sure I had a 3rd game or not when I bought the thing. Feel like I spent around 350-380$ shipped and more or less had it before the end of 2006. Kinda tough to pin down when exactly I bought it, feel like it was fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448