FIT Powerlifters in here? What was your first powerlifting meet like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithers

Twitter bot
OT Supporter
Nov 26, 2004
NJ/Chicago/Nashville
Just did the ADFPF Northern IL Nationals in Chicago. To preface the haters... I was 61.2 kg (135 lbs) in the 67.5 class, which I understand is :greddy: weight

Squat was 80 kg (176 lbs), bench 62.5 kg (137 lbs), and deadlift 150 kg (331 lbs).

Even with my numbers it was exhilarating as fuck. Squat and deadlift were all personal records for me. It's amazing how much more you can do in front of a crowd of people. Didn't realize how off my form was for bench... so many stipulations for getting the bar up correctly. Even the guys pushing 400+ lbs made an avg of 1 out of 3 attempts.

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
anyone can compete in a pl meet, has nothing to do with how big/strong you are

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
Everyone interested in lifting and strength should do one. Really puts things in perspective and gives you a whole new perspective on training. Except for Ceaze of course who is on some kind of wizard level

2000GT

Jan 21, 2001
Nice work... I did one a few years back and was surprised at the comradery between the guys - It was a lot of fun. My numbers were ok… felt nervous and cut my weight about too much. Glad I did it, but not for me.

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
Thanks bro. You put up some sick numbers for a first meet... hopefully I can put up half that my next go :x:

that's the way it works...there i was a tiny weakie newbie bitch. But it didn't matter. Everyone cheered for me, all these huge guys that were big in the PL game gave me props before and after lifts, etc. Was such a great vibe.

Now I can destroy those numbers raw (whereas then I was in gear) and it doesn't matter. My first meet was still my best. I had a fucking blast and it completely changed my training perspectives. And 100% of the guys I know that've done the same have said the same thing. Never bad feedback.

Spartan

OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Joisey/CA
great contribution though for a guy that has contributed nothing to this forum

keep it up, so many high fives and daps due

i've only said that because him and I are around the same weight but I can squat a lot more, but can't pull that much

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
so you make fun of his bench while secondarily saying his pull is easier...

how about congratulating him on stepping onto the platform and nothing else

but nah, that wasn't in the cards

also it's "he and I"

Spartan

OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Joisey/CA
so you make fun of his bench while secondarily saying his pull is easier...

how about congratulating him on stepping onto the platform and nothing else

but nah, that wasn't in the cards

also it's "he and I"

i didn't say anything about his bench, and im not making fun of anything, just making an observation

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
well how about being fucking supportive next time

every PL meet I've been to, even the guy totaling 2500+ is there with the little guy, talking him through his PR attempts, supporting him

and you talked about long arms, shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448