ART Prime telephoto Canon 135mm f/2

SHINOBIENDO

OT Supporter
Jan 29, 2005
NYC
I've always thought it was such a non-versatile glass but after using it for a day its amazing.
MG_37351.jpg

IMG_37892.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

Last edited:

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
Nice bike shot. The other two are OOF.

Had this lens for about a year and loved it. If you have a specific need for it, it's a good one.

TS
TS
SHINOBIENDO

SHINOBIENDO

OT Supporter
Jan 29, 2005
NYC
2 and 3 are OOF ya?

But I can see past that...creamy ass backgrounds, looks sessy.

oof'ed :rofl: I'm trying to do the 100 strangers project. I wanted a photo of her and she started to have second thoughts and I just snapped a pic as fast as I could. The Desi girl was dancing in a dim room and I had no flash.:mamoru:

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
oof'ed :rofl: I'm trying to do the 100 strangers project. I wanted a photo of her and she started to have second thoughts and I just snapped a pic as fast as I could. The Desi girl was dancing in a dim room and I had no flash.:mamoru:

Interesting.

What camera?
What ISO?

The bokeh (hate that phrase) looks smooth as butter and no colour-noise, just a slight posterization which was really only there because I went looking for it after I read the above post, I didn't notice shit when I first looked at it

So my thought process was ... dim room, no flash, bump ISO to get a reciprocal increase in shutter speed... but no noise, did you bump it? If you had maxed your ISO, thats a fucking smooth image. If you had more reach in the ISO, you should have put more pressure on your equipment

Chitown B

Oct 13, 2008
chicago, il
if I ever found a good use for this lens, I'll be on it in a second. From everything I've read it's the best $1k you can spend on a prime.

Last edited:
TS
TS
SHINOBIENDO

SHINOBIENDO

OT Supporter
Jan 29, 2005
NYC
Interesting.

What camera?
What ISO?

The bokeh (hate that phrase) looks smooth as butter and no colour-noise, just a slight posterization which was really only there because I went looking for it after I read the above post, I didn't notice shit when I first looked at it

So my thought process was ... dim room, no flash, bump ISO to get a reciprocal increase in shutter speed... but no noise, did you bump it? If you had maxed your ISO, thats a fucking smooth image. If you had more reach in the ISO, you should have put more pressure on your equipment

5D classic @ 3200iso so I maxed it.:rofl:
Its definitely one of my favorite lenses but sadly so lack versatility but i doubt a 70-200 would have been capable with out a flash. In settings where flash can't be used the 5d + 135mm is an amazing combination.

pantheR

Nov 1, 2006
Washington, DC
dammit, can't right click->copy img location on my own blog.. but nearly 100% of every telephoto shot on my site is with the 135L:bowdown:
jeffsimpsonphoto.com/blog

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448