TECH Printing something on paper in precisely the same spot consistently

Soren

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
How can I do this? My laser printer is usually off by several mm such that it is noticable (so maybe more than a few mm).

I need to print in the exact same spot consistently, but trying to lock in the paper in the feeding tray doesn't seem to work. I can also try and feed the paper manually, but I assume that will be even worse.

Is there a laser printer out there that will ensure consistent printing location over several documents?

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
It's more a matter of the feed mechanism than the printing mechanism. How old is the printer? I've had no trouble printing in the same position consistently with inkjets made in the past 10 years.

TS
TS
Soren

Soren

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
It's more a matter of the feed mechanism than the printing mechanism. How old is the printer? I've had no trouble printing in the same position consistently with inkjets made in the past 10 years.

It's a laser printer with a tray feeding mechanism.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
It's a laser printer with a tray feeding mechanism.
Yes, but if it doesn't align the paper very precisely you won't get precise printouts.

Also, some newer printers have optical sensors that can detect the edge of the page and align the printhead accordingly. That's much easier to do with an inkjet instead of a laser, because the inkjet has a head that moves across the paper whereas a laser preps the image onto a roller before applying it to the paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan