Pro Tip if you are having a colonoscopy - get sedation unless your body can't handle it

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
I had a colonoscopy with 0 sedation because I have a bad heart and wanted to drive home after the procedure. I read online that colonoscopy without sedation isn't that bad but I don't know how theirs went but mine hurt even more than when I was hit so hard in my groin one of my testicles went into my stomach. The colonoscopy literally felt like someone was shoving a broom stick into my stomach. The pain was so extreme I literally couldn't take it and wanted it to stop because the device kept blowing forced air as well.

Now I definitely think colonoscopies are helpful but my recommendation is to get sedation after consulting with a doctor and they feel it's safe unless you enjoy massive pain.

I was super hungry before the colonoscopy but afterward that hunger went away for quite some time.

I don't know why my unsedated colonoscopy was so painful but apparently to some people it's a walk in the park.

I've literally had my scrotum sliced open and the unsedated colonoscopy was more painful.

The other day, I ate lentils for lunch and then went on a bike ride. It was 9.75 miles of pure agony. And then I thought of all of you. Because next to that, my unsedated colonoscopy was a walk in the park.

When I got home I did some research on the Web, and I found out that the unsedated option is common in Europe and Asia. Here's a study by researchers at the University of Lausanne, in Switzerland, published in 2002, which included data from some five thousand patients at 21 centers in eleven European countries. As you can see, nearly 20% of the procedures were done unsedated. I wasn't able to find U.S. numbers, but everyone I spoke with estimated that fewer than 1% of procedures are done unsedated. Most of those people are doctors, nurses and other highly paid professionals.

TBH I wonder if they were annoyed I refused anesthesia, they make less money?, and made the machine blow more forced air. The powerful air being blown from the tube seemed to cause the most pain. Any gastroenterologist want to chime in on how much air needs to be blow out of those tubes and if they can make them more forceful then necessary?

Last edited:

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Nobody's shoving anything up my download only arse while I'm awake tbh.

I've taken a swing at a Dr before and I'll do it again.
Download means you’re accepting/taking stuff in, so that means you take dick in your ass.

Upload would mean you’re sharing/expelling it. Like you’re uploading it to the toilet.

• Haha
Reactions: Muddy Waters

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy