TECH Problem burning MP3 Discs (specific albums)

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Not sure exactly where to post this but wanted to see if anyone can help...

I've noticed recently with newer albums that if I burn a MP3 CD, certain albums won't play, while certain folders show up and are just fine. There are 3 albums recently that I'm assuming have some kind of protection (The Dream/Terrius Nash - 1977, Kanye & Jay-Z -Watch the Throne, and Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV). They were all "bought" via PB and they show up once burned (using Toast Titanium like I always have), but when I try to play them in my car, no luck.

The albums will burn fine on an Audio CD, but can't figure out why they won't work as an MP3 CD and hopefully someone can shed some light.

Thanks in advance! :wiggle:

oakie

yo ninja.
Nov 20, 2001
SoDo
are you sure they're mp3 files?

i had the same issue with a few albums i downloaded that were labeled ".mp3" but were actually mislabeled wma files; they'd transfer to audio cd format when doing an authored burn, but they wouldnt load onto my ipod. since they were a playable format, i was never informed they were mislabeled.

TS
TS
Idyfohu

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
are you sure they're mp3 files?

i had the same issue with a few albums i downloaded that were labeled ".mp3" but were actually mislabeled wma files; they'd transfer to audio cd format when doing an authored burn, but they wouldnt load onto my ipod. since they were a playable format, i was never informed they were mislabeled.

Oh shit! They are labeled .m4a! Durrr! Thanks man! :h5:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan