TECH Problem running my computer game (CPU speed)

dgo

May 27, 2006
I got a new computer (SPORE) yesterday, and I could play the first stage but it wouln't let me go to the second. I wondered if it was something wrong with my video drive, but it turned out not to be my video drive but my CPU speed.

Here's what I got from http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

CPU
Minimum: 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz

CPU Speed
Minimum: 2 GHz
You Have: 1.50 GHz

I am not very good with computers, so how do I fix this and how much will it probably cost me???

TS
TS

dgo

May 27, 2006
It says my video card is ok though.

red_x_min.gif
CPU Minimum: 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.] You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz

min_chart_2.gif
<FAIL: Sorry, your CPU does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to discover how you can.

red_x_min.gif
CPU Speed Minimum: 2 GHz You Have: 1.50 GHz
min_chart_2.gif
FAIL: Sorry, your CPU Speed does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to discover how you can.

green_checkmark_min.gif
System RAM Minimum: 512 MB RAM (768 MB for Vista or built-in graphics) You Have: 2.0 GB

min_chart_6.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT]
green_checkmark_min.gif
Operating System Minimum: Windows XP/Vista You Have: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)

min_chart_5.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT]
green_checkmark_min.gif
Video Card Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 [GeForce 6200 for Vista]+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ / Intel 950+) You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family ()

min_chart_3.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PASS[/FONT] Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card
green_check_small_min.gif
Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 358 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

TS
TS

dgo

May 27, 2006
I just bought the laptop last November.

What do I need to update about it, then?

And that doesn't even seem to be the problem, acording to the website I meet the minimum requirements for video...

Valence Bond

Just a theory...
OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2002
Adelaide, SA
Laptops aren't really meant for gaming. Good video cards suck alot of power and aren't portable. You're not going to be able to swap that card out and put a good one in either.
Yeah, I'm going to agree here... your video card AND CPU are underpowered for that game... you're pretty well stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448