props to christophers routine

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jaymode, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaymode

jaymode New Member

Alright well I have been on Christopher's routine for 3 weeks now, and have been busting my ass. I had knee surgery back on 5.12.05 and had not started working out again until 3 weeks ago. Well the first time I did christopher's monday workout, my last set was with 135 for squats which is pretty bad. Today my last set was with 185, which is a huge improvement. And before you all go and say these are blinger squats, they are not. They are parallel and slow and controlled, can't risk hurting the knee. I am really happy because this has also helped with the atrophy that I experienced. I lost an inch of leg size in 5 days after surgery, and only after starting this back up has the size started to come back.

:bowdown:christopers routine

edit: oh yea today 135 was my warmup

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  2. n99nyrwg

n99nyrwg New Member

Yeah I agree it is sweet. My #'s are still really low because I'm a weakling, but they are increasing.

3. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

your getting stronger from lifting for 3 weeks, not from a routine...if you were doing anything in the gym your gonna get stronger when its your first 3 weeks. If you had been lifting for 4 years then swtiched to a different routine, that would be different. Your getting stronger by default. Nice job though.

4. jaymode

jaymode New Member

I don't think I could have gotten my squat numbers back up like this using my old routine, which involved working legs only one time per week.

5. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

i agree with pur

but g/j on the improvement anyway :cool:

6. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

gj

on the stronger after 3 weeks note, I know personally after I've been out of the gym for awhile, I don't necessarily get STRONGER after a few weeks so much as I get adjusted to how much weight I can use. Especially for things like squats and deadlifts.

week 1, i might start light and find out on the last set that I could have done more.
    week 2, start with more than week 1 and at the end of the sets, feel i could have done more again.
    week 3, finally starting to get to real "failure" type of weights, where I might not be able to do more.
    week 4, added more weight to what i used on week 3, could not complete the sets with the # of reps I used weeks 1-3. I've found the weight i need to use.

between weeks 1 and 4, squat #'s could have gone up 100lbs. That wouldnt be true strength gains, just getting used to what weight i need to be lifting.

7. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

:werd: it's not easy to gauge how strong you are on a particular exercise the first few times you do it. getting the motions and form down correctly can dramatically increase your ability at a certain lift.

8. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Increasing neuromuscular efficiency.

9. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

lol...is that the technical description for what i said? :cool:

10. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

yur alive!!! :eek5:

11. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

hi ceaze! :love: