FIT Protein absorption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penetration

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2004
MMM my ding ding dong
Just wondering what the consensus is for this, I weight about 165lbs and take in ~25-30 grams per regular shake, ~40-50 after a hard workout. What can the body efficiently process at once?

CottonTowels

May 17, 2010
Canada
iirc I came across an article differentiating between people who consumed protein (both groups totaled the same grams of protein) every 3 hours and every 5 hours of the day, and the researchers found that the people who consumed protein every 5 hours had greater protein uptake into the cell.

I'll see if I can find that article, I'm certain it was '08 or '09.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
iirc I came across an article differentiating between people who consumed protein (both groups totaled the same grams of protein) every 3 hours and every 5 hours of the day, and the researchers found that the people who consumed protein every 5 hours had greater protein uptake into the cell.

I'll see if I can find that article, I'm certain it was '08 or '09.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/meal-frequency-and-mass-gains.html

I've posted it here several times

The Grid

OT Supporter
May 23, 2007
You absorb 100%. What you need to ask is how much you are utilizing. You need to learn more about nutrition and your body before you can receive the answer my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan