PSA : ATTN BMW (out of warranty 😂😂😂) owners Water Pump / Thermostat Settlement

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Just got a settlement notice in the mail. If you own a 2007-2019 BMW of various models and had to replace your Water Pump / Thermostat out of warranty, you can claim up to 1000 USD for your parts/labor of the replacement.

TS
TS
phat🐄

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I replaced mine myself, so I dunno what recourse I have. Maybe they'll just give me a spare to keep around :/
Submit the receipt for the 500 bucks you spent on the part

I bought my coolant hoses and pump/stat from my dealer and installed it at an Indy with receipts so I’m getting the full grand hopefully

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
Pump install should be like 800 at the dealer , parts are 500 give or take

and they fail at 50k miles 😂

just hit 50k on my M3 :noes:

I replaced the water pump on my 545i around 95k miles. I remember my buddy saying some fail quicker because they use a plastic impeller.

TS
TS
phat🐄

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
just hit 50k on my M3 :noes:

I replaced the water pump on my 545i around 95k miles. I remember my buddy saying some fail quicker because they use a plastic impeller.
if you have the electric water pump contraption, they recommend you change it every 50k just in case, and change the termostat at the same time

for me, my thermostat failed at 49k at 5 years old. Threw a code saying that it was stuck open (and car wouldnt get to operating temperature. MILES better than having your water pump fail but still)

Chadder007

OG Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2001
Atlanta, GA
if you have the electric water pump contraption, they recommend you change it every 50k just in case, and change the termostat at the same time

for me, my thermostat failed at 49k at 5 years old. Threw a code saying that it was stuck open (and car wouldnt get to operating temperature. MILES better than having your water pump fail but still)
Or they can quit making them out of fucking cheap plastic.

Keysersozeh

The Devil Himself
Nov 30, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder if this covers 06 Minis as they are part of the family. I had my thermostat replaced three times and the water pump once in under six years of ownership. I just tossed all that documentation when we moved earlier this year.... I couldn’t even begin to figure which CC I stuck it on 10 years ago.

TS
TS
phat🐄

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder if this covers 06 Minis as they are part of the family. I had my thermostat replaced three times and the water pump once in under six years of ownership. I just tossed all that documentation when we moved earlier this year.... I couldn’t even begin to figure which CC I stuck it on 10 years ago.
I didn’t see anything older than 2007 on the list bit worth taking a look

Side question : how many tens of thousands have you spent keeping that mini on the road ?

imbored

Aug 11, 2005
OKC

Side question : how many tens of thousands have you spent keeping that mini on the road ?

MINIS somehow making German less reliable and more expensive but on a cheaper car

they piss me off so much. I'd love to turn one into a fun auto-x or weekend track toy. But fuck that.

• Haha
Reactions: phat🐄

jrmcm

Cocaine and cocaine accessories
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
Favorite repair story about the '08 550i I used to have... windshield washer sprayer stopped working so I took it in. Everything else on the car was fine as far as I knew. As the warranty was about to expire, I told them to give it a once over and see if anything else needed work.

They ended up doing $15,000 worth of warranty work. Except for the washer sprayer, that wasn't covered.

Sold it about a month later.

Keysersozeh

The Devil Himself
Nov 30, 2001
Phoenix, AZ

It died in 2012 when I was side swiped on the 101. This was after replacing tires, some of the gaskets on the SC and etc. I loved that car too. It was so much fun.

I just spent $3k on the turbo for my 2015 JCW Countryman. Apparently the turbo in the JCW is different and has been prone to boost leakage. My shop guy has seen about three of them including mine. Mini refuses to acknowledge the issue. I ended up replacing the turbo with an S one as there is a minor difference in power

• Sad
Reactions: phat🐄

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor