TECH punishing clients v.:rofl:

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
Shit, I wish I still had the link to this site so I could post it :rofl:

I just read from a guy who said that if he is negotiating with a potential client and then right at the last minute if they decide to go with someone else who is cheaper, then if that same client comes back in the future and says that the cheaper guy didn't get good results and he now wants to give him a try, he will charge them a higher rate than before :bowrofl:

In other words:

- You spend some time talking to a potential client, mapping out strategies, etc.
- Potential client decides at the last minute that your $x,xxx services are too expensive and he's going to hire some noob from an IM forum to do the same thing for $xx
- Potential client comes back to you and says the cheap guy's work was crap (obviously) and now he wants to work with you again
- You charge him more to punish him for his disloyalty and for wasting your time before :bowrofl:

Brilliant business model :bowrofl:

I'm in tears from laughter because I've wanted to do this before but never had the balls to, plus I thought it was in poor taste :rofl:

Post the link if anyone has it.

TS
TS
Falconer

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah but there was too much pronoun ambiguity the first time I thought :dunno:

TS
TS
Falconer

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
if they fuck you over the first time, then when they come back charge them to even talk with you (consutling time)

:rofl: :h5:

That's such terrible business practice, tho. That's like if someone gives you a quote to paint your basement and you go with another company who messes it up, and then you call the first company back and they're like "yeah we're gonna charge you more to do it now" :rofl:

See, it sounds silly in a non-internet context.

maxgohan

OT Supporter
May 1, 2004
Toronto
You actually summed it up in less words the first time.
fucking :werd:

if i was really good at this particular thing and only a few people would be willing to match my capabilities, then i definitely would charge them atleast a consulting fee, only initial consultation is free

kingtoad

Sep 2, 2003
Los Angeles
I've had clients come back to me a multitude of times. I just do not accept the projects anymore. From experience, these are the type of people you don't really want to work with anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan