FIT push ups and sit ups v. military croo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coozone

Dat my city
Dec 30, 2004
Shhhh
So im here at AIT. I seem to hit a wall of 50 PU, 70 SU, 15:30 2MR. Any tips to increase my numbers? We have a new gym facility that ill be checking out, but with my schedule its hard to fit time to go there. No supplements allowed hurts too. DEFAC food isn't the best either. I feel like the odds are stacked against me. The best I can do is run to the mini mart and get a muscle milk or protein bar.

What did you guys do to get stronger?

Oh, im a 68W if anyone was curious.

CottonTowels

May 17, 2010
Canada
Get a hold of a 10 pound weight.

For pushups throw it over your back in a kneeling position and get into the pushup position. For sit ups just hug the weight.

Do your regular pushup/situp routine with the 10 pound weight for a while.

tickles

Aug 10, 2005
Get a hold of a 10 pound weight.

For pushups throw it over your back in a kneeling position and get into the pushup position. For sit ups just hug the weight.

Do your regular pushup/situp routine with the 10 pound weight for a while.

for situps put the weight over(behind) your head too to make it even harder.. I feel like it is really easy to cheat unknowingly if you just hug the weight

Texasboy

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
modesto, ca
Just do a pyramid program for you situp and pushups. I take my squad to do PT every morning just for pushup and situp improvment and for running just get out and run more eventually your time will drop

TS
TS
Coozone

Coozone

Dat my city
Dec 30, 2004
Shhhh
Well the army pt is a joke. Im just resorting to using what I have around me. Going so slow

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
dude. it baffles me how people don't ace the PT test. just freakin run, and do pushups. personally, doing those 2 the situps come naturally. i get 300's every time, but it's expected from me. DFAC food is fine, just don't get the burgers like every other private. get the turkey/lean meat and the rice and make a salad. use your brain, eat healthy. lift big, eat big, get big.

ReFreshing

OT Supporter
Jan 25, 2006
SoCal, Erf
Do sets of 20 - 30 pushups. Vary up the types of pushups you do too. For running, you basically just have to get out there and run. Vary up the runs too. Intervals (ie 30 60s), 5 mi runs....

Basically just do more PU and SU often and go run. It's not that hard.

Rellik

Feb 2, 2005
Tell them that situps damage one's lumbar spine and you refuse to do them

no but seriously situps are so fucking stupid.. they're not even hitting the abs, just the psoas like everyone knows, tightening your hip flexors... just a retarded exercise thats hung around for 200 years cause everyone can do at least a few so they use it as a benchmark

http://startingstrength.com/articles/army_weak_long.pdf
here an army guy does heavy lifting and intervals (with only one APFT-style training day a week) and ends up setting new personal records in every category of the APFT

i guess it would cost too much to feed all these people/give them equipment (just a modest increase of 20lb for each soldier would be about 15000 tons of mass added to the total of all actvity duty personel alone :mamoru: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448