OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2003
Georgia

RMuoECP.gif

Reactions: Section8

ludewig

Mar 14, 2000
Houston! Texas!
LOL at this guy thinking Ukraine or EU gives a fuck about his opinion. Russia barely meets a criteria of being a country, it's more like a criminal organization at this point.
I assume he's saying this for a Russian domestic audience. I'm guessing it's to generate grievance about how unfair it will be EU when accepts UA. Something along the lines that "they broke their own rules because they hate Russia so much".

GucciGucci

Mar 14, 2000
Silicon Valley, CA USA
:o

Russia restricts shipment of Kazakh oil, gets its coal banned in response​

20/06/2022 10:18

Russia has limited the shipment of oil from Kazakhstan through the port in Novorossiysk. This is the main route for transporting Kazakh oil to Europe, Report informs referring to foreign media.

This happened against the backdrop of a number of harsh statements by Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF).

The official reason for the limited shipment was torpedoes and mines from the Second World War found in the waters near the terminal where the oil pipeline from Kazakhstan ends.

Demining work, which may last until the end of the month, is scheduled for June 20.

After that, it became known that Kazakhstan suspended the transit of Russian coal.

Thus, the Kazakh authorities blocked 1,700 wagons with coal on their territory.

On June 17, during a session with Vladimir Putin, Tokayev publicly announced from the stage of the SPIEF that it was inadmissible for him to recognize the so-called separatist Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) and the Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR).

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
Anyone know the opinion of Kazakhs in regards to Russia? It was reported that the president didn't have much support back home but I'm wondering if his comments and actions with Russia would endear him to the domestic audience or not.

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
Anyone know the opinion of Kazakhs in regards to Russia? It was reported that the president didn't have much support back home but I'm wondering if his comments and actions with Russia would endear him to the domestic audience or not.
No clue, couldn't hurt and now is a great time to take a stand against Russia now that their entire military is deadlocked in Ukraine. They can't afford another offensive without completely abandoning a portion of their territory. China would love to take a section out of Russia and they know their wouldn't any outside interference if they did. Either keep pushing the border with India that isn't fucking around and has allies or take the easier expansion path to the north.

Reactions: Faithless

Dylith

OT Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
Russia attempted to threaten Kazakhstan by suggesting that it might become a "second Ukraine". The threat had the opposite effect that Russia intended and made much of the Kazakh public rather angry at Russia.

The government is also attempting to move away from its historical status as a binational state and has been more strongly promoting the Kazakh language over Russian and more strongly linking national identity to Kazakh culture instead of being integrated into Russian empire. Russia isn't very keen on the country's ability to navigate itself out of being dominated by Russia's sphere of influence. Russia's January intervention into Kazakhstan was not popular within the country in the face of this new Kazakh nationalism either.

The Ukraine conflict has hit Kazakhstan's economy, and Putin has suggested that Kazakhstan is another country that might need to be "de-nazified" - ranking it alongside of the Baltics as areas for potential Russian intervention.

Last edited:

Jacko

Kiss me bb
OT Supporter
Oct 17, 2006
NYC
hes in a precarious spot.

succeeding a guy who had a massive personality cult in an extremely corrupt country. remember early this year, the people in Kazakhstan were protesting widely and it was russians who were called in to help put down the unrest.

at the same time, this guy probably sees writing on the wall for russia and doesnt want to be fully in that camp otherwise he could face more pressure.

id love him to turn his back on russia but i dont think that will happen. hes going to walk this line and hope this situation passes. they have an assload of natural resources and doesnt want to jeopardize the ability to sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost