SRS Putin declares war in Ukraine, surprising no one

Simius The Monkey

Long Live The Republic
OT Supporter
Sep 7, 2005
Minnesota

I don't know why people say China has 200 use plans or 500 year plans or whatever. They are pretty reactionary, it seems, and many of their long term plans result in really bad results within a generation. Bad results that seem obvious looking in from the outside (with a dash of hindsight).

For example, this saber rattling seems like a distraction from their housing collapse and banking system failing.

Reactions: Dylith and Gaunt

Jacko

Kiss me bb
OT Supporter
Oct 17, 2006
NYC
I don't know why people say China has 200 use plans or 500 year plans or whatever. They are pretty reactionary, it seems, and many of their long term plans result in really bad results within a generation. Bad results that seem obvious looking in from the outside (with a dash of hindsight).

For example, this saber rattling seems like a distraction from their housing collapse and banking system failing.
it takes a lot of resources and energy to hold down your population. especially when its over 1 billion people. riding a bike with an elephant on your back.

Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.

They probably do have dynastic plans, built on the romanticized concept of the lasting history of their forbears , but as with any great mass they have a huge inertial deficit to deal with and it costs them dearly whenever they try to "keep up with the Joneses" in real time.

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007

giphy.gif

Reactions: spiko and King Dick

Dylith

OT Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
"threatening the existence" is such a hugely ambiguous term, Russia could apply it to just about any situation
They also dont recognize any land they capture as "Ukraine". So efforts to recapture territory, especially after annexation, would threaten the integrity of the "Russian State."

Reactions: Ninja and Publius

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
hey we have tank tracks to go anywhere vlad.

naw stick to teh roads

In their defense, maybe they were part of the initial invasion and know that going offroad is a great way to just get stuck and lose the tank.

When is Israel taking over rest of Palestine
When is China taking over Taiwan
When is Indian taking over Pakistan
When is US taking over Cuba
When is Australia going to win the Emu War

Hot take: The world would be arguably a better place if the US had formally annexed Cuba after the Spanish-American war and eventually made it and the rest of the Island territories into states.

• Haha
Reactions: whatever and Dylith

Drifts180

Jun 30, 2003
if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid

I was going to say out of all the things we've seen in this war, I'm not hating some of these mine clearing techniques. Only thing is when you find one sub-munition, there's a bunch more so they'll stay busy and could run out of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529