SRS Putin declares war in Ukraine, surprising no one

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
Everyone ITT making the assumption that Russians are "pro-war" and "pro-putin" based on data released by Putin's government :rofl:

The same russian government that said it'd be a 3-4 day offensive. 🤡🤡🤡
It's not even from the government.

It's from "pro"-russia dorks who do the rah rah wave-the-flag BS as to not appear weak to the rest of the world, all while deliberately living in a foreign country & avoiding anything to do with the entire situation.

See: @CRaiNK

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
Everyone ITT making the assumption that Russians are "pro-war" and "pro-putin" based on data released by Putin's government :rofl:

The same russian government that said it'd be a 3-4 day offensive. 🤡🤡🤡
No, I am making that conclusion based on many factors
- historical: Russian Empire has been trying to take over Ukraine for centuries. Often successfully.
- cultural: if you read Russian books, listen to Russian music, watch Russian movies and TV, you will see that they support and have always supported the colonial expansion. They always denied the existence of Ukraine as a separate nation/ethnic group. It's a cultural meme at this point.
- personal: I lived long enough next to Russia and talked to enough Russians in person, as well as online to see that the first two aspects are true

Sure, it's not 100% of Russians, the rough estimate is about 80% and those who oppose the ambitions of the Russian Empire are usually killed, jailed or forced to immigrate, so there is less and less opposition with every century, decade, year and even day. Should we make an exception for this tiny minority? I think so, whenever I talk to a Russian in person, I will hear them out and give them a chance to voice their active support for Ukraine and opposition to Russian Empire, but it should not change a general attitude towards Russia and Russians and it should not affect the laws and approach on how to deal with them in general.

Last edited:

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
FdSLcv_XgAI0g7Q

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
ehhhhhh. 25% of this country would gladly take up arms for their cult.
I guess my poorly worded point was, we speak a lot of bravado, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt to the vast majority of folks here that we still know a portion of the Russian population didn't support the war, but didn't do anything about it (which does make them assholes to a point), and now that they're getting yeet'd into the firing range they're starting to speak up.

Saying we all think all Russians should die is disingenuous. I'm sure a good chunk think this, but all? Probably not. Hell, look at 2017-2020 for the US - we all didn't support that T-word Jim, and it's fair to give that benefit to the general Russian population as well.

With that being said, saying we all think all Putin supporters should die is about a 99.999% factual statement.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I guess my poorly worded point was, we speak a lot of bravado, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt to the vast majority of folks here that we still know a portion of the Russian population didn't support the war, but didn't do anything about it (which does make them assholes to a point), and now that they're getting yeet'd into the firing range they're starting to speak up.

Saying we all think all Russians should die is disingenuous. I'm sure a good chunk think this, but all? Probably not. Hell, look at 2017-2020 for the US - we all didn't support that T-word Jim, and it's fair to give that benefit to the general Russian population as well.

With that being said, saying we all think all Putin supporters should die is about a 99.999% factual statement.

ehhh look i want them to uprise and get something better going. i know innocents will die and its easy for me to say hey give up your entire everything for the chance at something better.

but sitting around with a guy that unhinged with nukes isn't something im ok with. but i can't cast that stone. *gestures wildly at '16-20*.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
ehhh look i want them to uprise and get something better going. i know innocents will die and its easy for me to say hey give up your entire everything for the chance at something better.

but sitting around with a guy that unhinged with nukes isn't something im ok with. but i can't cast that stone. *gestures wildly at '16-20*.
Yeah tell me about it :o

I'm about to put out Beto signs, and I'm somewhat concerned about our safety :o

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Yeah tell me about it :o

I'm about to put out Beto signs, and I'm somewhat concerned about our safety :o

at the farm i was shocked at the people with B signs in 2020. bigger balls than i'd have. but then again i'd never put up a sign

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
at the farm i was shocked at the people with B signs in 2020. bigger balls than i'd have. but then again i'd never put up a sign
We have *never* done a sign before, specifically because I have a tough time painting a target on us. Even stickers on cars for certain things, I didn't want to give cops a reason to target based on bias.

But at this point, I've figured out that it's pointless to try to play nice, and if me putting up a sign helps someone else figure out that they're not alone in this very, very red T-Word Jim area, then even better. So fuck it.

KingOfBabTouma

Hepinize daha iyiyim

James May

Jun 14, 2006
480 AZ
Russians fleeing Russia to avoid conscription is pretty similar to (if not even more justified) than Americans fleeing to Canada to avoid the Vietnam War draft.

oh no comrade, don't have sympathy for people trying to avoid being cannon fodder.

slava Ukrania!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026