SRS Putin declares war in Ukraine, surprising no one

James May

Jun 14, 2006
480 AZ
It’s difficult to look at it from a different lens when there’s been an overwhelming amount of support for the war from the start (do you recall the Z symbol being proudly worn/displayed during the Olympic medal ceremony for all of the world to see?), and this recent outcry has been the only significant time we’ve heard disdain from Russian citizens.

The fact they are clearly losing the war and accumulating mass casualties/losses has clearly been the only catalyst for change and that in itself is grounds for the lack of empathy.

Wait, you think the Russian athletes aren't compelled to fall in line with the prevailing propaganda? Maybe they chose to believe it, maybe they didn't want to be kicked off the Olympic team?

I guess my poorly worded point was, we speak a lot of bravado, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt to the vast majority of folks here that we still know a portion of the Russian population didn't support the war, but didn't do anything about it (which does make them assholes to a point), and now that they're getting yeet'd into the firing range they're starting to speak up.

Saying we all think all Russians should die is disingenuous. I'm sure a good chunk think this, but all? Probably not. Hell, look at 2017-2020 for the US - we all didn't support that T-word Jim, and it's fair to give that benefit to the general Russian population as well.

With that being said, saying we all think all Putin supporters should die is about a 99.999% factual statement.

I mean, what's Russia's track record of handling protesters/dissent? - I wouldn't blame people for keeping quiet and making the best of their situation.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Wait, you think the Russian athletes aren't compelled to fall in line with the prevailing propaganda? Maybe they chose to believe it, maybe they didn't want to be kicked off the Olympic team?

I mean, what's Russia's track record of handling protesters/dissent? - I wouldn't blame people for keeping quiet and making the best of their situation.
when its a choice between dying or licking a boot, most people are going to lick the boot.

Reactions: James May

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
It's kinda bizarre because even Ukrainians are confused about this exchange. What the fuck does he need Medvedchuk for? He is useless. No one expected Putin to return Azov senior officers and commanders because they promised to execute them and 24/7 were yelling from all corners how they are all nazis and the biggest enemies of Russia.
I’m extremely curious why a Saudi prince would be involved in pushing for this exchange also.

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
Srsly thinking about somehow being a fella for Halloween

Need the shiba mask to be perfect though

Getting NAFO nerd to 3D model an STL file for printing would be :eek3:

I could probably do it myself but might take longer than desired.

• Haha
Reactions: spiko and Mazy D.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026