SRS Putin declares war in Ukraine, surprising no one

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
Even if he is not dead, he won't be useful anymore. It's definitely a minus one for the Russians. I've heard an interesting speech by some UA officer who was saying that returning heavily wounded Russians home is better than killing them because they will overwhelm the system with constant care they require and spread negative/demoralized view of the war. If they lost an eye or an arm, they won't return to Ukraine to fight, but they are likely to start drinking and cause problems at home

Reactions: Jinx

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
A day of almost continuous fighting. Ahoy, because of how many Russians have driven people here, more and more people are growing. The captured convicts call the figure 2,000 people for the entire area. You're already starting to believe it. Now everything is becoming similar to chronicles from the Second World War, the whole earth is covered with gifts.

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
I have a question about the Ukrainian drone operators. I'm just assuming that they are at many different locations - they don't need to be in one place. And I'm assuming they're teenagers, not able-bodied men and women. I also assume they are not under any central command.

Does anyone know?

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
I have a question about the Ukrainian drone operators. I'm just assuming that they are at many different locations - they don't need to be in one place. And I'm assuming they're teenagers, not able-bodied men and women. I also assume they are not under any central command.

Does anyone know?
Why could they not be women or able-bodied men?

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
can't stand that dude in general - took forever to get youtube to stop recommending his dumbass face to me

he-cheated-kevin-hart.gif
He's the McDonald's of content.

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
During WW2 the dead Nazi and Soviet soldiers were bulldozed in foxholes and/or trenches together by the Soviet bulldozers without the proper burial services cuz they under Stalin's order kept advancing and advancing rapidly without any delays on the Eastern Front.
They're still advancing at a break-neck pace, just eastward.

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
I just always see these vids with near-direct hits and the guy still drags himself or limps away
Ruptured organs take time to kill.
Lost limbs and blood loss take time to kill.
Concussions you don't wake up from take time to kill.
Shrapnel to the torso takes time to kill.
Don't underestimate the power of that one last burst of adrenaline.

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
They certainly could be, but I'm assuming these people would be needed more doing other things.
From the videos I've seen, operators are not from a separate drone division. These are regular soldiers who fight during the day and do what soldiers usually do, but maybe for one hour a day they go out with equipment and launch these attacks. My cousin's husband is one of them and I've heard it directly from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jinx and Tomash

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
drone ops with things that drop are certainly with front line units. an extremely important squad level piece of kit that i sure as hell hope NATO adopts.

Reactions: spiko and Jinx

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman