Putin declares war in Ukraine, surprising no one

Slippery_Pete

OT Supporter
Aug 6, 2002
Toronto
lol it's satisfyingly surreal watching some in the Western Hemisphere finally waking up from some slumber to start to comprehend or give a fuck about the constrained historical and present existence under Russian imperialism brought to you at the barrel of a tank.

You know the system is a fucking joke when I can personally attest to my family leaving behind all their belongs and immediate family so us children had even a glimmer of a chance at Western middle class mediocrity where our holy grail is to cry about property taxes.

This romanticized Soviet Union nostalgia by some. This anti-American sentiment by developing Nations who gravitate to some delusion of Russia being the freedom fighter in this endeavor. The Countries that allowed China to exploit them for their resources with short term infrastructure and monetary infusion. They will one day understand.

Jacko

Kiss me bb
OT Supporter
Oct 17, 2006
NYC
lol it's satisfyingly surreal watching some in the Western Hemisphere finally waking up from some slumber to start to comprehend or give a fuck about the constrained historical and present existence under Russian imperialism brought to you at the barrel of a tank.

You know the system is a fucking joke when I can personally attest to my family leaving behind all their belongs and immediate family so us children had even a glimmer of a chance at Western middle class mediocrity where our holy grail is to cry about property taxes.

This romanticized Soviet Union nostalgia by some. This anti-American sentiment by developing Nations who gravitate to some delusion of Russia being the freedom fighter in this endeavor. The Countries that allowed China to exploit them for their resources with short term infrastructure and monetary infusion. They will one day understand.
maybe its different in canada, but we complain about income taxes here.

Reactions: spiko

Oman4x4

OT Supporter
Sep 22, 2004
Dubai / Oman / Saudi Arabia
Just draft up a new alliance exactly the same as nato but without turkey or hungary. Nato stays intact as it is but the new one has the new members without turkey and Hungary. How difficult is that?

Doesn't even have to be the exact same, the main point is mutual defense and procurement.
Suggested exactly that hundreds of pages ago - call it NITOH - Not Including Turkey Or Hungary

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon

There are legitimate criticisms of American/western imperialism and its impact to this day. When it comes to Ukraine, though, these critics conveniently ignore the fact that russian imperialism is also a thing and has been a concept for hundreds of years.

GucciGucci

Mar 14, 2000
Silicon Valley, CA USA
:o

Russia’s ‘Elite’ Shadow Army Edges Into Complete Collapse​

Shannon Vavra / Mon, January 23, 2023 at 11:03 AM PST

Tens of thousands of fighters rounded up to fight in Ukraine for Wagner Group, the Russian private mercenary fighting corps, have gone missing or died, according to a Russian non-governmental organization.

While Wagner Group recruited approximately 50,000 fighters in recent months, including from prisons, only 10,000 fighters remain fighting at the front for Wagner, Olga Romanova, the head of Russia Behind Bars, told My Russian Rights, according to The Moscow Times.

“According to our data, 42-43 thousand [prisoners] were recruited by the end of December. Now they are, most likely, already over 50,000,” Romanova said. “Of these, 10,000 are fighting at the front, because all the rest are either killed… or missing, or deserted, or surrendered.”

The statistic cited is just the latest indication that Wagner’s fighting force is falling apart in Ukraine, even as Russia works to secure wins on the battlefield almost one year after the invasion of Ukraine.

Wagner Group fighters have been involved in the heavy fighting in Soledar in recent weeks, a town in which Russia has claimed victory. Wagner has also been largely responsible for gains made in Bakhmut nearby, “at an extraordinary cost,” given that many of the Wagner recruits had minimal training since Wagner recruited 40,000 convicts, John Kirby, a White House National Security Council coordinator, told reporters last week......................

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonct