Putin declares war in Ukraine, surprising no one

Ninja

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2002
UK
RU absolutely did it.
I think the US/UK would have released Intel by now proving it. IMO- It also doesn't make much sense for Russia to have done it. Moscow was still pushing for the pipe to come online up until its destruction.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I think the US/UK would have released Intel by now proving it. IMO- It also doesn't make much sense for Russia to have done it. Moscow was still pushing for the pipe to come online up until its destruction.

thats classic russian tho.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
it was most likely RU, obviously.

i could see a motive on the allied side as well.

i dont think we are talking about leopards being on their way to UKR if that line is still open.

russia is not a rational actor in this. they do irrational things. like blow up the pipe line to try and force germany into a cold winter. that would lead to germany trying to force nato into a truce somehow.

Jacko

Kiss me bb
OT Supporter
Oct 17, 2006
NYC
russia is not a rational actor in this. they do irrational things. like blow up the pipe line to try and force germany into a cold winter. that would lead to germany trying to force nato into a truce somehow.
well, the only way that makes sense is if they are irrational, because the only logical plan in that scenario is to keep the pipe as a bargaining chip.

Ninja

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2002
UK
it was most likely RU, obviously.

i could see a motive on the allied side as well.

i dont think we are talking about leopards being on their way to UKR if that line is still open.
I don't see a strong Russian motive. Like you said- if the pipeline was still open, Germany probably would be much less inclined to send additional lethal aide such as Leopard 2 tanks. Moscow no longer has that leverage.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
well, the only way that makes sense is if they are irrational, because the only logical plan in that scenario is to keep the pipe as a bargaining chip.

invading a country with 40m people during the spring thaw kinda irrational?

Reactions: Jacko

Jacko

Kiss me bb
OT Supporter
Oct 17, 2006
NYC
I don't see a strong Russian motive. Like you said- if the pipeline was still open, Germany probably would be much less inclined to send additional lethal aide such as Leopard 2 tanks. Moscow no longer has that leverage.
yes, which is why one would need to question if they are in fact rational, or smart.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

a cold germany public forces their leadership to do even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld