Putin declares war in Ukraine, surprising no one

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
I'm guessing the tech would rely heavily on semiconductor type hardware that they would find difficult to reproduce? Haven't seen much in the last 4,000 pages that suggest they have the abilities to manufacture the latest technology. I mean - do you know how many yachts you can get with a "latest technology" budget?

Jokes aside - the sooner we send a message to them that this is absolutely unwinnable, the sooner everyone can go home and young men and women on both sides can stop dying.
I'm pretty sure after 2022's losses they're definitely operating their latest technology.

Reactions: Oman4x4 and Jacko

Jacko

Kiss me bb
OT Supporter
Oct 17, 2006
NYC
I'm pretty sure after 2022's losses they're definitely operating their latest technology.
the only reason we dont see some new special weapon russia is supposedly developing is because it doesnt exist or it doesnt work.

theyre going to use all their most fancy stuff before they go ahead and escalate to a new level

Reactions: jonesn

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
the only reason we dont see some new special weapon russia is supposedly developing is because it doesnt exist or it doesnt work.

theyre going to use all their most fancy stuff before they go ahead and escalate to a new level

nothing from russia has been actually created in volume since 1991.

and prior USSR stuff was simple and reliable. but not meant for long term use.

Reactions: spiko

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
Serious question -

so 100 high-tech tanks will be sent to Ukraine.
What difference will that make?
Russia started the whole thing with a bunch of tanks, and I've seen tons of videos of them getting blown up by drones.
Yes, these will be better, but 100 tanks spread out over the entire battlefield seems thin.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Serious question -

Russia started the whole thing with a bunch of tanks, and I've seen tons of videos of them getting blown up by drones.
Yes, these will be better, but 100 tanks spread out over the entire battlefield seems thin.

you let those tanks dip their treads into the sand at Prymorsk and now you got something going on.

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
Long-range cruise missiles would be the best thing to get. Destroy all their airfields and garrisons, game over. Most likely nuke missile time at that point though
Good start would be a mass attack on Sevastopol or Novorossiysk and sinking of the entire Black Sea Fleet. At least that would cut down on cruise missile carriers.

Reactions: whatever

Dr. Charisma

Dec 28, 2003
Georgia
Abrams has been training for this...

DM3G8Gd.gif

not lying when i say there is a significant amount of blood flowing to my gentlemans sausage when i picture ukrainians finally rolling around in abrahams

Tomash

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
Houston, TX
Serious question -

Russia may have had thousands of tanks, but had no idea how to use them effectively.

Reactions: Mazy D.

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
Serious question -

You are going to see them used in advantages positions, like counter attacks and not just throwing them away in the open. Let's be clear though, we are still far behind on what they need to win.

Reactions: spiko

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
I mean, we do still operate the B52, C130, U2, and KC135- all products of the 1950s. The B52's role has dramatically changed over the years but the Bear is still doing the same shit the same way.
Not rly. Tu-95 has new engines and only carries external payloads. Bomb bay doors are welded shut, IIRC.

B-52s gonna fly forever

full-new-b-52-render.jpg
BUT WHY STILL EIGHT ENGINES? wtf

Mercedes

IZLAM hummus king
Feb 14, 2003
Orlando FL
Looks like specifically Morocco may have given Ukraine 20 T-72B tanks:

Morocco sold an unknown number of T-72B tanks to be modernized in the Czech Republic and deployed to Ukraine, media reported on Sunday.
According to an Algerian news outlet Menadefense, the Moroccan army sent nearly 20 vehicles to the battlefield last week. They have been reportedly modernized by the Czech company Excalibur Army in the Czech town of Sternbeck.
It sounds like the US has also incentivized moves like this:

The United States had earlier promised financial aid to countries that decide to get rid of their Russian or Soviet military equipment. The report suggests that the Moroccan T-72s sent to Ukraine could be later replaced with M1 Abrams from the American military surplus

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld