FIT question about heart rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

romostud22

Jan 4, 2008
Portland, OR
So my brolly bromonster from high school that i hang out with quite often who is going to school to become a personal trainer, told me that the optimum target heart rate during cardio for weight loss for me is 135-140-ish. Now, I believe him because of his sheer brolly-ness and the fact that he's going to school. I did some research online, and i know we cant post links so i'm not gonna but; online i'm getting way too many mixed messages about this. Oh, also, is my diet that i've posted looking good so far? or is there anything i should change up?

My weight: 235
height: 5'11"
goals: get rid of fat, replace with muscle

link to my log:
http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3981672

Cliffs: whats best heart rate for weight loss during cardio and is my diet okay so far?

Last edited:

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
"Cliffs: whats best heart rate for weight loss during cardio"

Estimated

max heart rate = 200bpm

60% MHR = 120bpm
80% MHR = 160bpm

so between 120-160bpm

03zq8

Rhodium Member
Aug 12, 2005
Ohiiiiiiiooooo
If you work at 60-70% of your max heart rate, you'll burn more fat as a percentage of all calories burned... 50% of your calories burned will be from fat.

If you work at 70-80% of your MHR, you'll "only" burn 40% of your total calories burned. However, you burn more overall calories, so you actually burn more fat calories... and a lot more carbs.

Hope this makes sense...

/lurker

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
If you work at 60-70% of your max heart rate, you'll burn more fat as a percentage of all calories burned... 50% of your calories burned will be from fat.

If you work at 70-80% of your MHR, you'll "only" burn 40% of your total calories burned. However, you burn more overall calories, so you actually burn more fat calories... and a lot more carbs.

Hope this makes sense...

/lurker

translation: do more cardio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor