Question about video card tv out...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bear Klaw, Feb 28, 2007.

  1. Bear Klaw

    Bear Klaw Guest

    I have a geforce 4 ti 4200 card.

    It has a tv out, i bought a 25ft s video cable thinking the connection was s video. It is round and black, but is not an s video type connection. It has more pins. What do i need to hook it up to my s video cable? What type of converting cable?
  2. Wolf68k

    Wolf68k OT Supporter

    Dec 18, 2003
    Likes Received:
    Houston, Texas
    It should be S-video
    What is the maker of the card? and I don't mean nVidia, someone else made the card; eVGA, ASUS, Leadtek just to name a few
  3. deusexaethera

    deusexaethera OT Supporter

    Jan 27, 2005
    Likes Received:
    It's probably a proprietary plug designed to connect to a breakout box. The only way to know what kind of signal is supplied by that breakout box is to look in the user manual and/or get hold of tech support. If you don't have the breakout box, you may want to get one -- but if the signal isn't HDTV-compatible, the resolution coming out of that little black plug is going to be 640x480 or worse.
  4. dorkultra

    dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

    Oct 14, 2005
    Likes Received:
    yinzer / nilbog, trollhio
    my ati all in wonder has a plug on the card that looks like s-video. you connect a wired box to it that is has inputs for rca and svideo

    my video card will also output svideo, but it is on a wire dongle that plugs into a weird square shaped port, also outputs composite...i don't know why you'd want that on a tv though, it looks horrible

Share This Page