GUN Question for Comp-Tac CTAC owners

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, May 4, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord Active Member

I just got a new CTAC today with C-clips for my 229. I absolutely love the holster, it's extremely comfortable and it makes the 229 absolutely disappear under my shirt - just one thing though, my belt which is an $80 1.75" duty belt from Safariland just won't stay put in the C-clips and the top of the C-clips keep sliding out of the belt.

So i'm thinking about trying out some of the other clip's available, either the Standard, J-Clip, or V-Clip.

I have two questions:

1) If I had trouble with the C-clip, then wouldn't I also have trouble with the J-clip considering it's basically the same thing just without the slight lip at the top of it?

2) The V-Clip SOUNDS pretty good, but how sturdy is the velcro, does it really hold well and is it as secure as the other clips which physically secure the holster to the belt?

Thanks

2. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

I ordered mine with V-clips. They definitely work as advertised. I had a shoe repair place sew velcro inside my belt for $15. The holster is solidly attached to the belt.

However...

I recently replaced the V-clips with the standard clips. The only reason I did this was to make the holster quicker to get on and off. Now I just have to unbuckle my belt to get it off. With the V-clips, I had to unbuckle it and thread it out of the first couple of loops. It's really just a convenience issue for me personally.