TECH Question for you guys.

Mycophiles

OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, Texas
I post in here mostly and the home audio forum gets no traffic so I'll throw the question in here.

I have a home theater receiver. Had it about 10 yrs now. Old but still works. I don't need it anymore so I'm going to move it out to the garage with a computer so I can attach it to a computer and listen to music outside.

Until I get the computer to run it on I thought I'd just run my phone off it in the meantime.

At work I split my phone plug to 2 rca's, plug it into the amplifier and it works fine. On the home theater system I have it doesn't work. I have to turn the sound all the way up to get a whisper of sound out. I have pre-amp setting on the program I'm using on my phone but If I turn it up too loud it distorts.

Why isn't this working? Do I need an amplifier? Thought I could get around buying one using the home theater system and it's internal amplifier.

Thanks

dissonance

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
KS
I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I have to have an adapter for my phone and I ordered several from eBay. One of the couple I bought from the same guy was defective and would produce a much quieter sound with a flange effect if it wasn't plugged in just right. Check your cable...

Other than that and if the jack on the receiver isn't the problem then I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan