TECH Questions on having Homepage on Server #1, All other pages on Server #2, and More

komplex

Thanks Pepsi and KingToad for providing guidance in the last thread I made, however have a few more questions on something different.

- What will happen if I run a homepage on one server, and all other pages on another server. Homepage will read domain.com and all other pages will read domain.com/pages for example.

- If I do this, how will if affect the SEO? I'm absolutely only concerned with that part. I don't mind having two servers for one site; overkill yes, but I have no choice. I'm worried two things will happen : The homepage will rank high but the other pages will rank nothing. OR The pages will rank high and the homepage won't rank or will and be ranked lower.

Logically, there's absolutely no point in doing this, however with the website I'm working for they won't offer any customization and I have to use their application software for the pages. Was originally going to pay someone to program my own software, but it's against corporate guidelines (not on selected list). I really do appreciate your help guys, so thanks again. I hate relying on outside companies who half "manage sites" and offer their templates or nothing.

:hsd:

TS
TS
komplex

komplex

Also another question, if I own keywordphrase.com and want to rank #1 for the exact keyword phrase how much work will that entitle. I know somewhat about SEO, but would it be hard to outrank a Business with ONLY part of the keyword in the domain name/site. If I have the Full keyword phrase can I eventually rank higher than them for that exact phrase with work? Or will it be difficult to do, and having a exact phrase .com pretty much do nothing? It's a small search volume a month.. Example: Search for : "Domain Name Phrase" - (Mine) DomainNamePhrase.com vs. (Competition) DomainOther.com

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor