CAR RACE TRACK

rsxratedr

Aug 29, 2004
I dont know where to post this so if i posted it in the wrong place im sorry...Uhm i was just watching top gear and Jermey was in Nurburg (an old epsiode) and i was wondering how i can find out about any race tracks in my area, im just a daily driver just wanna unleash some speed in a safe environment I live in Los Angeles California

TS
TS

rsxratedr

Aug 29, 2004
well i certainly dont have a fast car i just wanna drive it fast and like i dont have alot of free time just a weekend so i dont wanna drive 5 hrs to a track on a weekend, though i would love to drive at laguna seca it just doesnt fit right now thank you

m3m750

Kickin' it old school
Aug 24, 2001
behind the Orange curtain
Buttonwillow is also fairly close to LA and is a fun track.

What kind of car do you drive? If tere's a club for your car, that's a good source for potential track days.

You also might want to look into Auto-X. It's a lower speed venue, but doesn't feel that way when you're driving it. Pushing a slow car around an auto-x course will likely be more fun than pushing a slow car around a big track. It's also a lower risk environment to explore your car's capabilities and a cheaper place to play (though you'll get more seat time at a track).

TS
TS

rsxratedr

Aug 29, 2004
i drive a stock 01 vw jetta 4 cylinder not fast just i wanna drive fast 120+ (my personal speed record) but not as a drag i wanna have twist and turns

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
i drive a stock 01 vw jetta 4 cylinder not fast just i wanna drive fast 120+ (my personal speed record) but not as a drag i wanna have twist and turns

A stock jetta 4 cyl will never hit 120 on any of these local tracks, except maybe california speedway's circle track, depending on how the vw handles

You should probably go to an autocross before a track day.

TS
TS

rsxratedr

Aug 29, 2004
where are these at? if they exceed 75 miles im out hahah really? i hit 100 in like 18 secs on the freeway

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan