GAME RAGE eta 3 weeks v. 6 yrs in the making, id software, etc.

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
Can't believe it's finally coming out :bowdown: been waiting for this for a while

This will be the first game to ship with id tech 5, which basically allows designers to paint textures near limitlessly, being limited only by game size budget [25gb, with 20gb texture pack planned for PC] and memory bandwidth.

It will be an open world FPS game with RPG elements, set in a post apocalyptic world [I know, the first game of it's kind :bowdown: ]

This game has been in the works for 6 years by none other than id software, creaters of the FPS genre, makers of commander keen, wolfenstein, doom, and quake. Don't know about you guys, but Quake2 provided some of my best years in gaming.

Most recent previews, read these if you're pessimistic about it being just "another fallout/borderlands"

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/rage-the-first-three-hours/3544/
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2011/08/08/rage-preview/1

Let's get some videos, watch these in HD, they're pretty sweet

[y]CtDHyDZ3JvI[/y]

[y]n5rGrI-YbMw[/y]

[y]8ui6j35YDbU[/y]

[y]2USBm4hMOAw[/y]

[y]a1HU_Wc7k2o[/y]

[y]WBuGZCzPxRc[/y]

[y]UVnJ66ypBsA[/y]

[y]QdRR0Zw0FOM[/y]

[y]aUhDQP2dY3c[/y]

[y]GFE66chCZuA[/y]

[y]CxaaNosNa_Q[/y]

co-op gameplay
[y]TFQt5xd7puk[/y]

AKing

It's like we've got each others backs
Mar 15, 2001
Rhode Island
Did you post the whole game? Will wait for reviews. It looks awesome on graphics but gameplay looks generic.

BlinginAssRims

Now I'm blaumped out
Oct 3, 2004
Korea
I'm glad to hear that previews of the game are so positive, but I can't help but feel that it will be another only-guy-who-can-save-the-world-from-the-apocalypse style game. Sure, as far as shooters go these are usually the best kind...but damn.

TS
TS
TheGreat8

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
Did you post the whole game? Will wait for reviews. It looks awesome on graphics but gameplay looks generic.

lol, seems like id and bethesda are having trouble fighting this image of its generic gameplay look, if you read the previews, the gameplay is totally awesome and fresh

TS
TS
TheGreat8

TheGreat8

Jul 14, 2006
GA
Sadly I was hoping for some good MP, but it's supposedly only racing or something like that.

Yeah just racing and co-op :hs:

We'll have to wait for Doom4 for good id style multiplayer. And no, doom4 will not have the crap multiplayer that doom3 had, it will be more reminiscent of older dooms/ mp duke nukem / quake

SlowNegative

Her name is Rio
Dec 31, 2000
Atlanta
What kind of coop is it gonna be? Mission based or something like mw2/bf3 ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(video_game)

Multiplayer
Rage has two multiplayer modes: Combat Rally and Legends of the Wasteland. In Combat Rally, up to six players compete in a free-for-all match that takes place in an arena designed to make use of the vehicles. The objective is to collect rally points that appear around the arena while killing your opponents and stealing their points. Legends of the Wasteland is a series of two-player bonus co-op missions based on stories that you hear about as you play the single player campaign.

Maybe wikipedia is wrong :x:

Æ

Looks awesome, in for the coop stuff but wish the whole game could be coop.

SoD

Oct 16, 2003
Watched all the videos, I love john carmack engines but it looks like a example to sell it.

eXtraVert3d

Pop this, bitch!
Dec 1, 2004
Sea-Town
So are any of those videos running off console tech? Some of them seemed to be lacking AA and running at a lower res. Then again that could be YouTube compression.

Either way I'm excited to explore this bleak and depressing world, killing everything that gets in my way... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan