LOVE Raised tattoo

aex

Aug 30, 2007
So, I read through all the stickies and didn't find anything applicable to my situation.

I got a tattoo ~2.5 years ago, of my horse's name - the horse I've had since I was a kid. I got it done at reputable place that was recommended by a friend, that was clean and everything. My tattoo artist was aaaall inked up, so I figured that was a good sign. :bigthumb:

The tattoo is centered over my right butt cheek, even with/just a little below the small of my back, it's just fancy script writing with a couple extra embellishing lines.

I woke up this morning, the area it's at was all itchy, and then I felt it, and I could feel a ton of bumps. I was like "WTF, did a bug crawl all over there and bite the shit out of it?"

Then, I looked in the mirror, and was like "ohh yah, I have a tattoo there." :greddy:

So, all the lines are really raised, and kinda itchy. No redness around the black or anywhere near there, no discharge, no nothing, except that it's raised and itchy.

Tried to get pictures, but no matter what angle I use, you can't see that it's raised.

Going to the tattoo shop and asking about it is not an option, since it's 2200 miles from me. Any ideas what's wrong/what I should do?

Haven't had any issues with it since I've had it ... it healed fine, and I forget it's there most of the time unless I see it in a mirror, or somebody mentions it. ( went to a private, ultra conservative religious school. :mamoru: )

Buttons

Haha, totally
Feb 27, 2004
Burlington, Ontario
It's a pretty common occurence with tattoos. Anything could have caused it from a pet allergy, difference in water pH level or even a different laundry soap. I have 2 tattoos that only raise up when I drink. :rofl:

eelliiss

Nov 14, 2003
ATX
It's a pretty common occurence with tattoos. Anything could have caused it from a pet allergy, difference in water pH level or even a different laundry soap. I have 2 tattoos that only raise up when I drink. :rofl:

I have that same problem with certain areas of my tattoos too when I drink! Too funny. On one shoulder and in the pits of my elbows.

TS
TS
aex

aex

Aug 30, 2007
I guess I'm not as abnormal as I thought. :rofl:

Thanks guys, I won't worry about it.

d16v

Mar 28, 2007
Third Coast
I always had one on my left shoulder that did the same thing, I just figured it was normal to happen every now and then...

deelz

the one on my foot is totally healed, but still semi new. i got it in november, it is still raised kinda. and from time to time it gets itchy. when it itches, i just up lubriderm on it and that helps:dunno:

Hathegkla

Jun 21, 2006
Oakland
I have some black lines on my left arm and blue ink on my right arm that raise up if I get too much sun. it's happened only a few times (I don't get much sun), I just figured it was the amount of ink (its a lot) and the fact that there is probably a bit of scar tissue :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec