Range Crew: last question before i pull the trigger: gas or duel fuel?

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
Whats the difference and what is better?
Duel fuel is $1000 more

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
How much do you use your oven? If you use it a lot then it's worth it, if you don't and stick to the stovetop more then it's not.

Oh, and the difference is that you get a convection oven.

Topgun

OT Supporter
May 23, 2003
MN
I think if you're a real baking nerd electric can be better, humidity is higher with gas ovens. If you're not a real hard core baker, I doubt it's worth $1000 to get the duel fuel.

Reactions: Ebtek and amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I think if you're a real baking nerd electric can be better, humidity is higher with gas ovens. If you're not a real hard core baker, I doubt it's worth $1000 to get the duel fuel.
Real talk I think electric ovens are supposed to be better for baking nas you get more consistent temps
This is true

It's why if you ever have those baking shows with amateurs come on you'll sometimes hear them say shit like "this doesn't take nearly this long in my oven at home".

That's cause your oven at home probably runs about 5 degrees hotter on average and doesn't keep a steady temp through the bake.

Unlike the professional shit they're given to use for the purposes of the show. :rofl:

TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
How much do you use your oven? If you use it a lot then it's worth it, if you don't and stick to the stovetop more then it's not.

Oh, and the difference is that you get a convection oven.
I just want to cook really fucking good chicken wings
@Samcanadian

TS
TS
Ebtek

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
1 more question? I see a gas line and I see a 220v plug in the wall in my gutted kitchen. This means the dual fuel will be ok right?

luckyinfil

OT Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
TO/HTX
why does that 220v plug look weird, but yes if you have both that and a gas line you should be good to go for duel fuel

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan