CREW RC Crew (cars, planes, drones, boats)

Mega-JC: Da Return

Special, 2 plums 4 1
Sep 7, 2001
Tacoma, Wa
I've hit myself with slow RC cars and it hurt. Watching that video I want those guys on platforms.

Yeah I've taken myself out before and pulled a Peter Griffin

hurt-ouch.gif

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
Yeah I've taken myself out before and pulled a Peter Griffin

hurt-ouch.gif
Fucking target fixation on high speed runs. "Don't hit myself don't hit myself don't hit myself don't hit myself *WHAM*" petergriffinpain.gif :rofl:

Did sorta the same thing with a brand new just finished and painted SC10. Had a pretty hot Castle motor in it and thought it would be fun to gear up and do high speed runs up and down my street. 3rd haul-ass pass I came too close to myself, swerved and STUFFED the truck into the rear tire of my F150 parked on the street. :mad: The ESC and motor were about all that survived. I went back into the house "Hon.... I'm gonna head over to PCH hobby for a minute. I killed the new truck." :rofl: (I've probably told the story elsewhere in this thread. That's the problem with being somewhere this long. We start repeating stories. :o )

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
As cool as that was, that limitless was fucking slow. :rofl:

Similar setup to mine, 5s 1/4 mile.

Raz is probably going to break the 202.73mph record in the next few weeks. He did 192mph on 8s, the 202.73 record was set by Nick Case on 12s. He did his 192 mph pass with a Castle Creations XLX2 and a Castle Creations 1721. He has built a car that uses two of those setups and another use four of those setups, but he only planning on running the quad motor setup on 6s but it wouldn't surprise me if the dual motor car got over 200mph. Gotta love their little happy dance.

TS
TS
psyphre

psyphre

User #58, OG ftw. XBL - davzilla77
Mar 14, 2000
Milton, ON, CANADA
Raz is probably going to break the 202.73mph record in the next few weeks. He did 192mph on 8s, the 202.73 record was set by Nick Case on 12s. He did his 192 mph pass with a Castle Creations XLX2 and a Castle Creations 1721. He has built a car that uses two of those setups and another use four of those setups, but he only planning on running the quad motor setup on 6s but it wouldn't surprise me if the dual motor car got over 200mph. Gotta love their little happy dance.
Oh I'm pretty sure he'll beat it too, as long as it's not Kevin I'll be happy.

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
Oh I'm pretty sure he'll beat it too, as long as it's not Kevin I'll be happy.
Agreed, not that I think Kevin had a chance in hell of getting anywhere near it. He geared his 12s car to go 205mph unloaded and doesn't seem to understand putting load on a motor lowers the KV 10-15%. I was going to be shocked if his 12s dual motor car got above 175mph.

Reactions: psyphre

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
SCT is a fun class but it is slowly dying. Mostly because all the hardcore racers started to go full retard with them and took the fun out of it.

around here we have "stock slash" 4wd and 2wd classes, which is essentially any mostly stock 2wd/4wd sct. shit is so fun :rofl:

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia

This stuff. I've never liked hook/loop fasteners since they wear out. This stuff locks together with tiny little knobs. You have a square of it where the receiver used to be.

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
extra transceivers are not as cheap as I hoped
That whole area of the hobby is really sketchy. COME BUY THIS EXPENSIVE MAGICAL TRANCEIVER THAT'll DO EVERYTHING AND PIPE STATS INTO YOUR PHONE WOOOO!!! (does none of the shit they promise other than count laps when you're there.)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74