CREW RC Crew (cars, planes, drones, boats)

SeaMack99

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
Maybe it's a way to get back to basics? Every time they make a class people go hog wild spending money on cutting edge tech to get an advantage. You get a bunch of precious douchbags smearing endangered whale jizz on their tires and bragging about their unidirectional battery wiring and it lames out the class. Maybe this is slow enough to finally discourage that?
No, 21.5 is every bit as competitive as 17.5. The funny part is the speeds/lap times aren't that far off between the two. At least at our track
Gotta start my Xray ‘22 builds before the damn ‘23 gets announced :mad:

going to run stock this year (17.5 2wd / 13.5 4wd) and am gonna stick it to the ‘sponsored’ wankers again

gonna list my ‘sponsors’ as VISA, MasterCard and Amex and they’d better read that shit out
I work for the US Air Force and always wanna put down "Your tax paying dollars" for sponsors.

• Haha
Reactions: vikingen

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I made it out to my first practice night, I'm fuckin' terrible :bowdown:

1Yc5tKV.png

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
tonight was just to get out there, figure out how things work, put a few packs through it, and try not to suck too much

I did everything but the last part :o

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
the practice track had this jump that you could just shortcut the chicane... well I hit the side of the jump a couple of times trying to send it as fast as possible :mamoru:

SeaMack99

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
I did 0 tuning, it was right out of the box from Frito, didn't even check that the alignment was good.

I have a list of things I want to do before the next practice day :run:
Don't over think carpet setups. The box setup is very good ie swaybays, 2 gear diff ect. But the biggest and best change was adding weight to the front. It will make the "fast line" so much wider

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
Don't over think carpet setups. The box setup is very good ie swaybays, 2 gear diff ect. But the biggest and best change was adding weight to the front. It will make the "fast line" so much wider
He has the associated brass C mount already. I think I told him already but there's a lot to remember so this is a reminder.

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
Mooooaaaaar.

I'm up to 40g over stock and will probably add more until it starts to fly funny.:o
It has the front and back as well as the chassis weight. Good enough to learn on for now. Beyond ride height, camber, caster, and alignment he should probably just work on driving. As I eloquently said above it's easy to get distracted by tweaks and avoid the basics.

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
What's a good truck to bash around in the park?

I bought an Arrma Granite last year and used it maybe a dozen times and the combo receiver/ECS crapped out with a blinking red light. It was a great deal for $50 on a black friday deal. Nothing else ever broke on it. Kinda bummed the only thing with no moving parts got broke

SeaMack99

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
It has the front and back as well as the chassis weight. Good enough to learn on for now. Beyond ride height, camber, caster, and alignment he should probably just work on driving. As I eloquently said above it's easy to get distracted by tweaks and avoid the basics.
Oh, I'm on your side. Box setup is tits. Just drive the damn thing but something as simple as adding more weight to the front takes less than 5sec and makes the car easier to drive hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor