CREW RC Crew (cars, planes, drones, boats)

lescivic

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Space Coast FL
I have a road track like 10 minutes away. Think I want to give this a try. I will be totally new to this. They list this on their website for beginners. Is the car they recommend worth it? Anything else I should consider? Appreciate the input. Thinking this might be something fun to do with my daughter this summer.

Novice/Entry Level Class

• This class is for people just starting out and would like to get into the hobby. Any 1/10 scale car with a 2S battery and 21.5T equivalent (or less) motor with ESC in blinky mode can be run in this class. One example of an entry-level car is Traxxas 4-Tec RTR (Ready To Run with Brushed Motor). These kits can be purchased for around $350 from Michaels RC Hobbies (https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/tra93064-4-white-4-tec-30-toyotar-gr-supra-gt4r-11.html)

CPTMULLER

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I have a road track like 10 minutes away. Think I want to give this a try. I will be totally new to this. They list this on their website for beginners. Is the car they recommend worth it? Anything else I should consider? Appreciate the input. Thinking this might be something fun to do with my daughter this summer.

Novice/Entry Level Class

• This class is for people just starting out and would like to get into the hobby. Any 1/10 scale car with a 2S battery and 21.5T equivalent (or less) motor with ESC in blinky mode can be run in this class. One example of an entry-level car is Traxxas 4-Tec RTR (Ready To Run with Brushed Motor). These kits can be purchased for around $350 from Michaels RC Hobbies (https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/tra93064-4-white-4-tec-30-toyotar-gr-supra-gt4r-11.html)
Can always swing by and ask questions in person/buy from them. My local track owner is super helpful

lescivic

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Space Coast FL
Can always swing by and ask questions in person/buy from them. My local track owner is super helpful.
The store is a sponsor for the track and like 2 hours from me. Don’t believe they have a store on site. Says it’s a non-profit volunteer run track. Weekends are full for next month or so but wanted tot get something to play around with at the house that I could eventually take there.

Reactions: CPTMULLER

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base

Novice/Entry Level Class

i imagine if you stick with it you'd want something brushless

but if your track has specific classes you have to fit in, best bet would be to go up there on a race day and see what the popular classes are

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
For those who might be interested, Tower's got the brushed version of the Infraction on sale for $199. It's scratch and dent stock so the box will probably be beat up and it's brushed so not as fast. Maybe a good on-road rig for your kid to play with?

• Wow
Reactions: psyphre and ERock

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor