CREW RC Crew (cars, planes, drones, boats)

Jimi

OT Supporter
Nov 19, 2006
Anyone know where I can get parts for my Arrma Nero? I need axels and I can't find them anywhere

Jimi

OT Supporter
Nov 19, 2006
Probably ebay or Facebook since it's been discontinued? Does it share any parts with other models?
No other models are the same. Diff seems half stripped too but they still have the diff maintenance kits that would fix it. Tried ebay amazon and everywhere else I can think of. I thought aftermarket was still supposed to be making parts for them.

I bought an new motor mount for my slash 4x4 lcg to fit larger motors so I might just end up making the slash 6s for speed runs and sell the nero as a roller.

Mega-JC: Da Return

Special, 2 plums 4 1
Sep 7, 2001
Tacoma, Wa
No other models are the same. Diff seems half stripped too but they still have the diff maintenance kits that would fix it. Tried ebay amazon and everywhere else I can think of. I thought aftermarket was still supposed to be making parts for them.

I bought an new motor mount for my slash 4x4 lcg to fit larger motors so I might just end up making the slash 6s for speed runs and sell the nero as a roller.

You should keep it, the Nero is awesome, even if its non-running :hs:

TS
TS
psyphre

psyphre

User #58, OG ftw. XBL - davzilla77
Mar 14, 2000
Milton, ON, CANADA
Anyone know where I can get parts for my Arrma Nero? I need axels and I can't find them anywhere
Probably ebay or Facebook since it's been discontinued? Does it share any parts with other models?
The Nero isn't discontinued, it's just not for sale in north america due to the traxxas lawsuit a few years back. Should still be able to get parts from across the pond.

Reactions: Mega-JC: Da Return

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
rc noob battery question. Just got my first traxxas car and my two others are arrama using ic5 connectors. Is there an adapter I can buy to connect the high current traxas connector to a lipo battery with an ic5? Or should I suck it up and buy a traxxas battery? I do believe I saw connectors to allow me to charge them on a non traxxas charger. :dunno:

Batteries confuse me enough and traxxas has to go all proprietary. I don't have a decent soldering iron and would likely need to buy one. I just want a simple adapter solution.

Just unboxed this guy...

198463378_10158535352988720_1580414152035545853_n.jpg

TS
TS
psyphre

psyphre

Mar 14, 2000
Milton, ON, CANADA
rc noob battery question. Just got my first traxxas car and my two others are arrama using ic5 connectors. Is there an adapter I can buy to connect the high current traxas connector to a lipo battery with an ic5? Or should I suck it up and buy a traxxas battery? I do believe I saw connectors to allow me to charge them on a non traxxas charger. :dunno:

Batteries confuse me enough and traxxas has to go all proprietary. I don't have a decent soldering iron and would likely need to buy one. I just want a simple adapter solution.

Just unboxed this guy...

198463378_10158535352988720_1580414152035545853_n.jpg
Fuck Traxxas, buy these, and use the batteries you already have.

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
Fuck Traxxas, buy these, and use the batteries you already have.

Perfect thank you... I don't know why I couldn't find an adapter when I searched. I think I still need to buy a battery though I don't have anything that's 25c. I'm okay with that as long as I don't have to buy one of the Traxxas batteries they can charge on my own charger

TS
TS
psyphre

psyphre

Mar 14, 2000
Milton, ON, CANADA
Perfect thank you... I don't know why I couldn't find an adapter when I searched. I think I still need to buy a battery though I don't have anything that's 25c. I'm okay with that as long as I don't have to buy one of the Traxxas batteries they can charge on my own charger
Don't worry about the 25c part, that's a minimum rating, you should have 30c/50c/100c from your arrma stuff, those will be fine.

Also Traxxas 25c equals 50c for all other companies. Perfect example: Arrma Kraton's are 50c minimum, 100c preffered. But a Traxxas X-Maxx is ok on the Traxxas 25c. :wtf:

Reactions: RotorBalls

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
Don't worry about the 25c part, that's a minimum rating, you should have 30c/50c/100c from your arrma stuff, those will be fine.

Also Traxxas 25c equals 50c for all other companies. Perfect example: Arrma Kraton's are 50c minimum, 100c preffered. But a Traxxas X-Maxx is ok on the Traxxas 25c. :wtf:
Yeah I have a couple 5200mah 3s 50c that should work I suppose. The 5200 rating isn't too high if their max listed was 5000 3s batteries?

I'm guessing I wouldn't want to use my 4s batteries on this thing though right?

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Yeah I have a couple 5200mah 3s 50c that should work I suppose. The 5200 rating isn't too high if their max listed was 5000 3s batteries?

Others in this group are waaay more knowledgeable than me and can probably give you better/more complete advice but I'm running Deans to EC5 adapters on my spare 2S batteries. No worries using them on a 2S and I thought about doing it on my 3S batteries with Deans connectors but decided not to after reading some cautionary tales about connectors melting with adapters on 3S batteries - although this may only apply to Deans/EC5 adapters because Deans is good for 60amps while EC5 is good for 120amps. So, for me, I only do an adapter on my 2S batteries...

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter

mah is simply capacity, so more run time.

check your ESC's specs regarding running 3s/4s

TS
TS
psyphre

psyphre

Mar 14, 2000
Milton, ON, CANADA

Brushed motors are usually just 2s, but some of the crawlers can run 3s because they have so much gear reduction. Don't put in the 4s.

The MAH is the capacity or run time. The higher the number the bigger the battery (physically), so like a 7600 2s is about the size of a 5000 3s.

vikingen

OT Supporter
Cool vid from our recent state titles

No other club around australia put their hands up to host this years nationals because of covid … so guess where it is ?

15mins from my house again :wiggle: .. and it doesn’t clash with the onroad nationals

my wife is gonna be pissed :rofl:

Reactions: 93rx7 and psyphre

vikingen

OT Supporter
First club meeting on the rug. Small meet where they ran just ‘2wd’ and ‘4wd’ .. stock and mod together, which isn’t ideal.

2wd had 11 cars. Talk about hack fest and there were next to no marshals

Reactions: 93rx7

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authentics