CREW RC Crew (cars, planes, drones, boats)

SeaMack99

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
Attempted to play the bump up game this weekend but failed.

Tried some new things in my 2wd but none of it worked in qualifying and ended up in the D main. Went back to a known good setup and lapped the field by two laps in the D, made it up to P2 in the C but ran out of tire.

The sad part of this is that my times from the D main would've put me in the A. Moral of the story; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: vikingen and 93rx7

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
Attempted to play the bump up game this weekend but failed.

Tried some new things in my 2wd but none of it worked in qualifying and ended up in the D main. Went back to a known good setup and lapped the field by two laps in the D, made it up to P2 in the C but ran out of tire.

The sad part of this is that my times from the D main would've put me in the A. Moral of the story; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Guys always doing setup changes between heats and the main.. if I'm within a couple seconds of fast guys i don't touch shit. Do that on practice days imo

Reactions: vikingen

SeaMack99

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
Guys always doing setup changes between heats and the main.. if I'm within a couple seconds of fast guys i don't touch shit. Do that on practice days imo
You are 100% correct and in my other classes I follow that rule. But I hate 2wd with a passion and I use that class to test everything. Track evolution, tire and temp changes ect. If I can get info from that it applies to my 4wd classes.

I know it makes no sense but it works for me.

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
To
You are 100% correct and in my other classes I follow that rule. But I hate 2wd with a passion and I use that class to test everything. Track evolution, tire and temp changes ect. If I can get info from that it applies to my 4wd classes.

I know it makes no sense but it works for me.
2wd guys are crazy imo

i ran 2wd sct for one season and sold that thing as quickly as i bought it :rofl: way too hard

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
"friday night points series" got moved to saturday this past weekend so i was finally able to make one. ran ebuggy and 4wsct. took 2nd in b main (caught up to 1st a few times and then announcer got me again.. i need to wear earplugs or register with a fake name or something). our "local pros" were there.. a main was fun to watch, was prob more fun to spectate it tbh.

all my 2s batteries can't handle a 7 min main so i was leading until i ran out of juice. coasted to a 3rd place finish

/fin

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
is it getting stuck on the heat shrink? The truck has the newer ID connector but they are backwards compatible with the old plugs like on the adapter.
Maybe I didn't force it in hard enough...I'll try again later when I'm home. Seemed more like a round hole square peg issue. Unless I'm mistaken the plastic edges were hitting, preventing insertion.

Reactions: psyphre

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
"friday night points series" got moved to saturday this past weekend so i was finally able to make one. ran ebuggy and 4wsct. took 2nd in b main (caught up to 1st a few times and then announcer got me again.. i need to wear earplugs or register with a fake name or something). our "local pros" were there.. a main was fun to watch, was prob more fun to spectate it tbh.

all my 2s batteries can't handle a 7 min main so i was leading until i ran out of juice. coasted to a 3rd place finish

/fin
What capacity lipos that you can’t run 7min
?

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
is it getting stuck on the heat shrink? The truck has the newer ID connector but they are backwards compatible with the old plugs like on the adapter.
yep you were right...I'm a dumbass. Trimmed up some excess and it's fitting ok now. Thanks man!

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
must be. they puff daddies now ? :rofl:

I can get 10mins from a 4500mah running a 6.5 in 4wd
I have 3, the puffed one is somehow the best of the bunch.

Doesn't help that it's an outdoor track with 3 somewhat long straight sections that are pretty much wide open.

And the truck needs one of everything.. i should really track down a new roller.

Reactions: vikingen

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
Oh my lesson was learnt when i tried to burn the house down a few pages back lol. They all gone.

Is there a new go to lipo brand? I don't feel like giving smc any more money.
I’ve tried IP (they’ll puff eventually) .. pretty much all I have now are Orion.

none have puffed, but I do care for them. newest two are HV

Reactions: 93rx7

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authentics